Chapter Three

I looked beautiful, confident, fierce, exquisite, and like the most phenomenal woman on this planet. Like a caterpillar transforming into a magnificent butterfly. Ready to spread its wings and explore the world. Revealing its radiant beauty that was hidden. Conveying a message of happiness, joy and excitement to everyone.

"I look amazing!"

"You look phenomenal, in fact you're more than that. No words can describe how truly beautiful you are. You're our little angel, you always find ways to make us happy. In leu of taking time to make yourself happy, that's what we love about you." Diana said, leaning firmly over my shoulder.

She absolutely melted my heart with her words. Tears built up in my eyes, as they were about to fall when I released that I had make up on. I wouldn't want to ruin all the hard work my best friends had accomplished.

"Ah, thank you guys, you're the best.", I replied ecstatically.

I could see them getting emotional. Its a good thing I know a great way to release all the emotions.

Letting out grin, I replied. "Group hug!"

Immediately without a second thought, they rushed towards my direction giving me a bear hug. Which felt extremely good to know that I have amazing friends like these. They keep me alive and sane. A few seconds later, Monica broke the hug reminding us that we have somewhere important to be. We all let out a chuckle and with that we left. 

******

We arrived at the mansion where the ball was taking place and might I say it looks like a castle. It was beauteous. All the statues were perfectly carved;  all the shrubs were all cut perfectly. It felt like I was in those fairy tales my mother used to read to me when I was a child. I was the princess and my prince charming was waiting for me (not).

I stepped out of the limo with the rest of the girls trailing behind me, we made our way inside. The ball room was enormous and exquisite. From marble floors to the ceiling painted with angles in the clouds. Chandeliers hanging up the ceiling, making the room even more beauteous. Taking a quick observation, someone tapped my shoulder snapping me out of my gaze. Slowly turning around, I came face to face with my mother. With my job I don't really find time anymore to talk to my mother and I really miss our conversations on anything and everything.

''Glad you made it'', ''she whispered in my ear while giving me a hug.''

She pulled back , looked right into my eyes and grinned. I couldn't help it but return the smile then I opened my mouth to say something to her. Sadly someone interrupted us by clearing their troat. It was Dexter, my older brother. ''Am I interrupting something?" he asked with a grin on his face.

I shook my head and smirked. "Wow, who would have thought that old Dexter Rina would transform into a handsome young man." Back in highschool he was always known to be the nerd with braces and big glasses, but it seems like college hit him really good. He got rid of his braces , got contacts and is now working a new haircut.

"Sorry mom but can I steal Abigail for just a second. I would like her to meet a friend of mine." He explained with a one thousand dollars smile. Wearing those braces over those years did him good, he literally looks like a movie star. 

My mom looks between him and I before nodding. Giving her one last embrace then I walked away towards the other end of the ball room as my brother leads the way.

We walked in a fast pace before slowing down as we near a man with his back faced towards us. "Ethan!" Dexter shouted with excitement. The name sounded familiar but I couldn't pin point where I heard it from.

The man turned around slowly and then I actualized the man before me its the same guy I meet earlier this afternoon.

And might I say he looks good in a tux. The kind of ''Good'' that can practically make a girl drool not lone that he's capable of alluring a girl into his warm embrace.

"Dexter!" He shouted back to my brother stretching out his arms and giving him a manly hug. I just stood there lost and discombobulated to how this two knew each other. I began to get anxious and a little nervous.

When are they going to pull away from their manly hug, I can't wait anymore.

I deliberately interrupted the both of them by clearing my troat. They immediately pulled away and looked at me. Dexter  wasn't saying anything he was silent, it seems like he forgot to introduce me to the guy. I already know the guy but still I want to know him more than just his name. I raised an eyebrow looking at him than Ethan reminding him that he forgot something. He instantly noticed what I was doing then he spoke.

"Ethan this is my sister Abigail and Abi this is Ethan Carson, a friend of mine from college." ,he politely introduced us with a smile.

Stretching out his hand to lift mine. Bringing my hand to his gorgeous pink lips, kissing it gently. "Its a pleasure to make your acquaintance Abi." Ethan replied releasing my hand, not breaking the eye contact.