Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

His glance pulls away from Cristal to his intertwined hands, as he chuckles at the word 'Love.' "Love... is a profound and caring attraction towards someone", he spoke from his heart. "In fact its more than that, love is putting someone's needs before your own. Love hurts that's why you know its real. It takes courage to love again, again and again.", he spoke of Abi. He releases a cute charming smile, realizing how he has fallen head over hills for Abi. The lone person his heart beats for.

Slightly he turns to face Cristal, "What does love mean to you than being married?", he questions, but she grew silent. He rakes his hair as he gave her a fake smile. "Never mind me and my silly questions." He saw that he got her off guard when she couldn't respond to his simplest question. As he kept on glancing at her magenta eyes with his amber eyes he saw emptiness in them and as well as felt it in her heart. "So we're cool?", he asks. "We're cool," she says calmly. "Look I have to go and help ma in the kitchen, you'll come if your feeling alright", he stood up and left her in the garden.

******
The abrupt mysterious lights on the ground, which created a path for us to follow. Lead us to a different place, it was hard to see nor tell where we were because the lights switched off as we arrived. We stood there firmly, silently and calmly, not allowing negative thoughts come to mind.

Out of the blue the darkness began to fade as lights shine through it.

"O-Kay!", we said slowly.

We were at the beach in front of a enormous, beauteous mysterious house. Orchestra music began to play, this time flowers lit up creating a path around the house. We followed them around the house, they lead us to the garden.

"Woe!"

We couldn't believe our eyes. The garden was massive, nicely decorated with lights and flowers that glowed, others didn't. Tables out on the open, lovely ladies playing orchestra music. Abruptly grandma appeared, and neared us.

"Happy anniversary, you two!", she congratulates mom and dad.

"Wait a minute, I know this place.", Brandon's memory came back. "This is where..."

"This is where we had our first date!", his wife says happily finishing her beloveds sentence, as she recognizes the place.

"How did you, why would you?", Brandon asks discombobulated.

"Brandon, son, I've been planning this since God knows for how long. I know you couldn't go out on this special day, due to Rachel wanting to be close to her family and you. So I wanted to surprise you both, give you both a great time at your anniversary. I wanted to make this anniversary more special by being with your loved ones.", she says kindly.

"But I thought you...," she cut him off mid sentence.

"You thought I hated you. No, I don't hate you, I love you as my son-in-law. Rachel made a great decision by choosing you, you're the greatest son-in-law I've ever had."

"I'm your lone son-in-law.", he says, narrowing his eyes.

Letting out a chuckle. " I know."

"Thank you ma," they both say.

"So the things you said to me this morning?.."

"I said those things because you were wasting time and time waits for no one.", she says sweetly.

"Hold on, it's your anniversary!", Dexter questions realizing he doesn't have a present for those two happily couple.

Mom saw his and everybody's facial expressions change to melancholy, she neared us. "Don't be harsh on yourselves, we don't need any presents. You all being here with us is the greatest gift, I ever dreamt of on our anniversary.", she gently bushed our cheeks.