Chapter Twenty-Three

Ethan's POV

"What was that all about?" Cristal asks.

"Oh well, let's go back to what we started." Cristal agitated seductively close placed her hand on my face, looking deeply into my eyes. Her body agitated closer so as her lips came forward to meet mine. Millions of thoughts keep wandering around in my head, questioning my ethics. My heart breaks with just a mere thought of what I did to Abi thus my heart only beats for her.

Quickly snapping out of my thoughts I moved away from her just before her lips touched and brushed its way to mine.

"Ethan." Anger erupted through her eyes. Her face containing different types of shaded red. "What's wrong with you, why did she have such a big effect on you. Especially when you don't even know her. I'm your fiance, your bride to be. You should be loving me not some averaged women who couldn't tell the difference between someone's man and hers!",she completely lost it and she was out of line.

My eyes widen"Averaged!" ,she had the outdaciousness to call Abi average.

"Don't act so amazed, because she truly means nothing to you than I do. I'm your beloved and I'll always be."

I chuckled "Beloved" as I took my leave. Leaving her all alone to cool down heading to my and Abigail's favourite spot. I took out my phone dialed Abigail's cellphone number.

******
"Owe!, honey your father told me what happened with you and Ethan, are you okay?"

"I'm fine ma."

"How was your trip to the museum with the girls." ,she faked a smile trying her best to change the topic.

Abi could still see worry in her mother's eyes not willing to lose eye contract. Looking deeply into Abigail's eyes she saw sadness, pain and regret to why she ever agreed to go to the ball in the first place. Than she wouldn't have met and even been introduced to him.

"Owe!, honey." ,she grabs a hold of her shoulder pulling her in for a hug. She pulls away from her embrace looking her deeply into her eyes once again and said. "Would you like some ice cream, I brought your favorite."

"That would be great." ,she leaned in kissing her forehead before she left the living room making her way to the kitchen.

Man the way things were, all she felt was depression. Being let down twice in a woman's life time isn't always easy.
In lieu of being "Divorced, Desperate and Delicious" ,she looks more kind of "Deliciously, Desperate and Single." Her mind keeps on revealing memories of Ethan, her heart bleeds with every thought and memory causing heartaches and also emotions. Something snapped her out of her thoughts ringing so ever loudly. She gazed upon her cellphone not looking forward to answering it, knowing well enough that it's Ethan calling. Her cellphone rang and rang til it went to voicemail with him leaving a message and he said.

Abi I had no intention of hurting you, believe me. Remember that day I had dinner with your family,then I left and headed home. When I walked in, I was amazed to see grandfather coming for a visit. He deliberately went and arranged a marriage for me without me knowing about it and without my consent. Insisting that I will be marrying Cristal Vermeer within three months, saying that its for the good of the company. Even though  I disapproved of this marriage , I was to marry her willing or unwillingly.The worst part of all my parents sat there silent not trying to persuade him but took his side in lieu of.

I still and will always love you. When I first laid my eyes on you, I saw a spark in your eye that made my heart beat for you and only you. You won me over with your love and kindness. I'm yours forever and I'm indebted to you.

That's my motive for saying sorry the other day. Please believe me when I say this, I had no intention of hurting you what so ever. ,he repeats.

Please call me back when you get this message.

It was a battle between the mind, soul and the heart. To decide whether she should believe him or not, trust in him again or not. With her mind discombobulated at the moment, she's not in a good state to make up her mind to loving him again.

******
"Here you go, her mother's voice startled her." ,she gently placed the chocolate chip ice cream on the table.

"Thanks ma."

"So tell me, what was the call all about."

"So you heard."

"Yeah."

"It was Ethan calling, he left a message explaining why he did this."

"May I hear it." ,she asks her politely.

"Sure, why not!?" Ethan's message took 10 minitues of him speaking til it came to a point where he said. Please call me if you get this message.

"Wow." That's all she managed to say.

"Should I call him and say I trust him or not."

"What does your heart say."

"I don't know." A knot forms in her troat.

"I do and it says distance yourself away from this jerk , for Goodness sakes. Knowing it will be hard to forget his charms, touch, tender kisses and his presence. But its worth taking the risk.' ,her consciousness immediately jumped in the conversation without a invitation.

" Listen to your heart not with your mind because the mind isn't always right. Only your heart will let you know and guard you on the right path you are about to take."

"Love you ma.", I said appreciating her wise words.

"Love you too honey." ,she says kissing my forehead once again.