Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

"Woohoo! I won!" This calls for a victory dance, hit it!. Darwin played Count your blessings. The song really turned me on causing my body to move along with the beat. Before I knew it I was ice dancing.

"Abi come look at this." Elizabeth calls.

I ran to look at what Elizabeth was gazing upon with my friends behind me. An abrupt feeling of amazement arose when I saw Ethan. I looked at everyone and saw that they were smiling.

"Go get him,tiger!",said Fiona.

I ran up to him with my heart overjoyed. I didn't have the words to express my joy when I saw him just standing there. When I approached him I gave him a hug, before pulling back from his warm embrace.

"Ethan."

"Abigail." ,he had this abrupt melancholy in his eyes that made me worry.

"What's wrong, please tell me?" ,I asked once again.

He was about to speak when abruptly a blond haired girl with magenta eyes came running in kissing Ethan passionately before pulling back.

"Honey where were you, I've searched for you but I couldn't find you anywhere" ,she said.

" Honey!?", I shouted looking bewildered.

"Sorry I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Cristal Vermeer , Ethan's fiance and you are?" ,she asks lending a hand.

My heart dropped, my eyes widened and my head full of discombobulation.

"Okay." ,she said when she saw my facial expression causing her to retrieve her hand.

Tears starts to build up in my eyes. As I look at Ethan the person I thought was made for me. A single tear fell down on my face.

"Why?...." That's all I could say to him before leaving his sight.

"Abigail I can explain!." ,he calls.

I turned a deaf ear at Ethan, not wanting to hear what he had to say, he has hurt me enough already. Just hearing his voice break makes me think that there must be a prefect rational explanation around this. But right now I couldn't care less about him. I finally approached my friend, judging from the looks on their faces I knew that they heard everything.

"Abi-i.", I cut them off mid sentence.

"Please let's go home." ,I headed straight to the car wiping my tears.

******
Brandon POV

"Abi please wait!" ,I heard someone say and it sounded like her friends calling her. I just hope nothing is wrong.

"Abigail!" They called out again. That's when I knew something was wrong. I peeked through the window taking a look see to what is happening. My sweet Abigail looked so devastated. She turned a blind eye towards her friends running into the house and slamming the door behind her. Her friends came running after her.

"What's going on?" ,I asked.

"Trouble in paradise."

"Start talking.", I demanded an explanation.

"Abigail accidentally discovered that Ethan has a fiance, and they are about to marry."

"That son of a bitch did this!?" ,I exclaimed as I tightly squeezed my hand into a fist.

"This is not a good day for your mother to be gone. Now come on let's go to Abi." We went upstairs to Abigail's room.

I opened the door to her room and we walked in. She was sitting on the very edge of the bed, shattered with a dead lifeless face expression. Without no movement or tears trailing down her face. We slowly made our way to her bed sitting next to her.

"Honey are you okay?"

"Dad please promise me that you won't say anything to Ethan or his parents."

"But honey..."

"Please dad." ,she pleaded.

"I promise.", I said.

We sat there silently next to her cheering her up while hugging her gently.

"Thank you guys.", she sadly replied.