Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Thirty-Six

"Is everyone in position," I asked through my earpiece greeting everyone enthusiastically. "Yes mam," I looked around for any signs of Abi and Ethan. "Still no sign of them," Brandon stood behind me with a glass of wine in hand. I was about to open my mouth to respond until I heard something. "Ethan, three o' clock with his family and yes before you say anything Cristal is also present," I listened carefully to Monica's statement. "What about Abi?," I asked concerned. "Just arrived and she's making her way inside," says Dexter. Relief took over me "Thanks, you all know what to do. We'll keep in touch," I moved my attention to where it's needed ,at Abi. "Rachel love I'm going to have a little chat with lover boy Ethan," he says unexpectedly. "Don't you dare lay a finger on him," I warned him. "No mam I won't, I'm just going to chat with the guy," he grins at me. "How about you check Cristal over there. Try to see the person she really is," I contemplated the idea. I nodded in agreement he leaned in and kissed me. "Be careful, will you," he whispers to me and off he went.

******
I saw Ethan alone and I saw it as a good opportunity to have a chat with him. Ask him some questions testing his love for Abi. Fixing myself, allowing all my anger to fade away, I approached. "Ethan Carson I've heard a lot about you and Ms Anderson. What a terrific occupation , it an honor to finally meet one of you.", he looked discombobulated to who I was. "I'm Victor, Mr van Dyke's partner," realization kicks in. "Its an honor to meet you too," he say kindly. Before I could open my mouth we were interrupted by soft giggles coming from behind. I heard someone say "His cute," causing me and Ethan to look behind us. We caught a glimpse of a brunette with blue eyes wearing a green dress, glancing at Ethan along with her friends. "So ladies man," he looked at me sightly hurt. "No, my heart lone beats for Abi," I saw him smile when he mentioned her name. Pretending as if I don't know her I asked "What is she like?"

"Abi is compassionate, courageous, loving, protective not to mention reluctant," he kept on smiling. "Yet the most beauteous phenomenal women I've ever meet.", I felt my heart soften, immediately I shaved all the softness away. Putting my game face on. "Do you love her," I mindlessly asked. "More than anything in the world," now his really done it, the tone in his voice told me that he meant every word. As he glanced at me when he said that. "She's my world, my everything. I would do anything to have her back in my life. Even if it means going against my grandfather's will of ranged marriage. She means that much to me.", he spoke from his heart.

"That's my son-in-law," my conscious spoke erasing all the anger I had for him, along with my heart softening.

******
I approached Cristal drinking her punch. She looked so beauteous in her black dress that reached her knees. It went well with her magenta eyes and blonde hair. "Hello Cristal," she made a sound of irritation clearly not in the mood to chat.  As soon as she turned to face me, she got even more irritated. "Who are you and what do you want?," so much of her first impression, my she's rude. "Megan Hart," I stretched out a hand to her but she looked at me all snobbishly. Causing me to bring back my hand down to my side. I felt a massive wave of heat burn inside of me. Breathing in slowing I shifted all my anger aside and tried again to talk to her. "Megan one of the Carson's closest client. I just wanted to see Ethan's fiancee. Congratulations on your proposal." , she looked down on me giving me that "lady leave your ruining my vibe," look. Not bothering to communicate with her any longer as I completely lost interest in her. "Bye nice chatting with you," I pulled off a fake smile. Turning my back to her irritated, angry and frustrated, I left her sight heading straight to the bar. I really needed a drink right now and a strong one or else I'm going to hurt someone. "How dare she talk to me like that?"

My right eye caught a glimpse of Rachel walking in a fast pace heading to the bar. Man, she looked mad, she needs to calm down otherwise things won't go according to plan. Excusing myself from Ethan, walking in her direction. "Three shorts please," she ordered. Those wards made me panic, alcohol is not good for her. I caught a glimpse of one of the barman that she spoke to coming her way causing me to up my pace. "Here you go mam," she lifts it to her mouth. "Thank you for ordering for me, your a sweetheart," gently I took the glass in her hand and the other two on the bar table. She glared at me narrowing her beauteous eyes, but they held so much anger. "Orange juice please," within a minute a glass of orange juice was in my hand. Gently shifting it to Rachel's direction she took it from my hand. She takes a sip inhaled in fresh air. "I'm sorry," she apologized abruptly. "She got the best of me, I felt like ribbing her head off right there and than. That girl is rude, she cannot be trusted," she explains. "There's no need for you to apologize," I seat next to her, bringing her to my warm embrace. "Mrs Anderson everything will be alright, we got this far didn't we?,"says Monica. Glancing up I came face to face with everyone, pure encouragement clear in their eyes. "Okay listen up, guard Abi. If ever Cristal gets the chance to talk to Abi listen to their conversation. If she so comes near or lay a figure on her, move in and interrupt their conversation. "Do I make myself clear," they nodded with agreement. "Oh and one last thing, thank you all for doing this for Abi and everything." We all leaned in for a group hug, than we parted heading back to our position.