Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Thirty-Five

"Is everyone here?", he asks ,sarcastically.

"By everyone you mean me right?" he nods in agreement looking at me so sweetly. Even though he looked calm nervousness was clear in his eyes.  "Relax, everything will be fine," I neared him and raked his hair. I saw him relax. We made our way to the voice machine and listened.  Your project it's....I don't know, I don't even have the words to describe it. Breathtaking let's call it that. I am most fascinated with your new ideas, it's the most phenomenal project I've laid my eyes on in years. The TLC company would love for the both of you to come to our business event. In Johannesburg tonight at 08:00pm, what do you say.

"Yes!, we'd love to."

"We'll see you there," Mr van Dyke says kindly.

******
"Heard that you were invited to the business greatest event.", all the girls squeezed the life out of me.

"Well is it true?", Darwin asked while every single person was in the living room glancing at me.

"Yes it's true", I nervously replied. Everyone gasped out with enthusiasm. Seeing them so filled with so much enthusiasm shattered my world causing me to zone out.

Any tricks up your sleeves?, I asked my consciousness.

"Afraid not, I've tried so hard thinking of a solution but there's non. Hate to be the party popper but you have to tell everyone that also Ethan has been invited and your going with him to the Johannesburg event." 

"More like meet him there."

"Still."

"Ha," I sighted. "I've got a great idea, how about I don't tell them. And vanish in the face of the earth, how does that sound?"

"Horrendously bad, plus you wouldn't have a chance to vanish your family will find you in a matter of seconds."

"I hate it when your right. Okay fine I'll inform them, but the question is how to inform them without shattering their enthusiasm? Mostly making them angry by angry I mean dad?", Tete grew silent.

"Tete, Tete!", I called to her, she was silence at first then spoke.

"Your on your own on that one, nice being you bye."

"Don't you dare leave me!, Tete hello," no response.

"Tete!!!" , I screamed.

"Abi, Abigail are you okay?," Fiona shakes me bringing me back to reality.

"Hmm?," I mindlessly asked.

"Are you okay?", she repeats herself.

I inhaled deeply "I have something to tell all of you," I swallowed hard.

"You can tell us anythi..."

"Ethan is also invited and I'm going with him to the event. More like meet him there." , I quickly said without taking I pause. I felt relieve overtake me.

"What!?"

"Smooth move in letting them know, you did a pretty awesome job in laying it smooth. "

"Will you shut up jeez!" , I shouted.

"Excuse me!?" My eyes grew wide as I realized that I said it out loud.

"Wow!," if this conscious of mine was a person I would strangle her.

"Sorry!", I said softly. "Tete I'll get you for this," I told her in my head.

"As if you will!, I'm your conscious remember, you can't touch me."

"No Abi sweetheart....," dad threw himself on the couch dramatically. "We're coming with you to that event like it or not. Besides the invitation letter says you can bring anyone with you. Family member or friends." Seriousness clear in their voices.

"No you can't.", why in the world would they want to come?

"Why not," they protested.

"Because...", mom cut me off mid sentence clearly noticing my reaction as well as my hesitation.

"Let her go with Ethan to the event will you all!," everyone immediately grew silent, disbelief clear in their eyes.

"Okay fine, you can go," dad said not making eye contact with me.

"Thank you," I headed straight to my room frustrated.

******
Rachel's POV

We all watched as Abi headed to her room. We heard the door open and close. Everybody shifted making their way to me before they could say a word.

"I have a plan.", there was no need for me to say that as the family was diabolically smart. They had ideas to contribute to my own master plan.

"We're going to that event no matter what.", dad said.

"Agreed.", we all said.

"Monica you'll be the bar manager, Dexter and Darwin you'll be the waiters, Fiona and Elizabeth you'll be the music producer, Diana you'll stay in the vehicle and watch our surroundings While I and Brando will be one of the members in the event.", I ordered. "Oh Brandon and I will supply all the equipments we will need for this plan to succeed. Are we clear?"

"Yes mam," they nodded in agreement. "I will not let my daughter make the wrong decision just like she did with Andrew.", like always protective Brandon.

"What if Abi gets suspicious on the night of the event and catches us all red handed. Contemplating that she's been raised by two brilliant minds. She knows all your tactics from a to z.?", Darwin asks abruptly bringing the matter to mind.

"That's why there's always a plan B. Now go get ready people we don't have much time on our hands.", everybody went their own way.