Chapter One

Um,well... Hi, I'm Abigail Anderson. I grew up in a wealthy family with my parents. They are extremely successful in the world of business. My parents always had an immense influence over my life. It is because of them that I studied business in Harvard.

Being a business woman isn't easy. I have to attend long meetings, concealing deals with other company managers, conversing about new ways to expand the company into a major success, taking it to great heights. Yes, I enjoy my job but, like everything else on earth, it also comes with its disadvantages. I rarely see my family and friends. I work most hours of the day and never get time to go out anymore. But it's worth it!

*****

The meeting with Ms Watterson was a huge success, she agreed to work with us on this deal. Once again, we made our ideas come to life, this deal will not only benefit me but all of us.

"Thanks for the wonderful meeting, keep it up Ms Anderson.", she says kindly.

"The pleasure is all mine. I eagerly look forward to working with you Ms Watterson.", I replied. Reaching out a hand to her and shaking her hand gently. "Me too.", she said giving me a polite smile, which I returned back. We said our goodbyes and she left. While cleaning up, I heard that horrid song, I grew less fond of, over the past few months- my ringtone.

Hello
It's me
I've been wondering
If after all this time you'd like to meet
To go over everything

I quickly picked up my phone, in annoyance, and answered it before the song carried on.

"Hey hun. How are you doing? We were invited to the ball today, please come."

"Hey Diana. I'm good and yourself? What ball?"

"An old friend of your parents has invited your family and mine to a ball, and you have to go, we actually."

I let out a huge sigh of displeasure.

''No way Dee. I'm not going. Besides I have work to do."

"It can wait.", she replies, sounding rather harsh.

"B-But I...", she cuts me off, in mid sentence.

"But nothing you are going to the ball like it or not. Plus you don't want to disappoint your mother after the last time you canceled on her."

Taking a deep breath, I groan "I hate it when you're right."

"So you're coming?!", she questioned enthusiastically.

Without any hesitation, I nodded in agreement , then remembering she can't see me I replied "I don't really have a choice, do I?"

''Nope! You don't. Okay, I'm outside with the rest of the girls. We need to find you an outfit, so get your butt out here as in ASAP!''

"Just give me a minute to fetch my things." I hang up and quickly make my way back to my office to fetch all my belongings. Then I make my way outside where I find Diana leaning against her car typing away on her phone. She looks up and her eyes meet mine. She literary started jumping in excitement, it was quite amusing to see my baby sister happy.

"Now, shall we get going or do you have more excuses up your sleeve?"

As I opened my mouth to reply, she quickly grabbed my hand and pushed me into the back seat of her car. To my surprise all the girls were all in the car too, when Diana told me they were here I thought she was just trying to get me outside.

Wow I guess this ball is important to them too.

"Hey girls!", I say with a huge smile on my face.

"No time to talk, we need to go." Monica turns on the radio and something suddenly caught my attention. It's our 'fave song!

Short days, long nights tangled up with you
I don't wanna move
Your eyes don't lie
And if I needed proof, that body tells the truth

Ooh-ooh-ooh
Your body is a blessing
Ooh-ooh-ooh
Don't know if I deserve it
Ooh-ooh-ooh
Before round two, I've got a question for you babe

If this ain't love
Why does it feel so good
If this ain't love
Why does it feel so good

If this ain't love
[Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh]
Why does it feel so good
If this ain't love
[Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh]
Why does it feel so good

We all sing Jason Derulo's song 'If this ain't love' .The song ends as we arrive at the mall, we exit the car and walk into the mall. We step in the first store that caught Elizabeth's eye.

"Ready to look for your dress?", they all ask with enthusiasm.

"What the heck, YES!", I shout in elation.