Chapter Twenty- Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

"Hillary,I'll be in my office if you need me." As fast as she could she makes her way to her office while still bearing the thought of Ethan, she agitates herself away from her thoughts moving her glance from the tiled floor to her office door. She jerks her hand away from the door handle just as she saw Ethan inside. Its like as if he's been waiting for her to arrive all this while.

A thought came to mind"Turn around. Go back or hide for that matter."

"No", she wasn't going to hide herself from him. But glancing at him will cause her to soften melting on the spot falling for him once again. She'll have to attempt to be reluctant to his glance and temptation. But she wants him to see that she's doing well without him. " Not." She closed her eyes took a deep breath and opened them. Slowly opening her office door she walked in.

" Can I be of any assistance Mr Carson." Looking ever so calm and confident. She walks to her desk placing her stuff on the table. Leaning against her table for support and crossing her arms.

"Abi can we-"

"Talk about you and Ms Vermeer. That you're about to marry her within 3 months. That it was all your grandfather's doing and that you had nothing to do with it. With you disapproving to this abrupt mysterious marriage appearing. He refused to listen to your justifications, to your refusal. And you still have to go on with it willingly or unwillingly." ,she finished his sentence for him with her mood changing into a frown.

"Abi-", she cut him off mid sentence without giving him a chance to explain.

"Did I get it right Mr Carson. Is it true or false." ,her frown deepened.

With his head bowed down he sadly replied. "True."

"Is there anything new that you're urging to tell me, that I really need to perceive." ,she glared at him.

With his forlornness turned to pain." Abigail I still love you, it hurts me when you talk like that." 

Rage took upon her, she bit her tongue holding back the words she'll regret saying. She calms herself down and spoke "Forget about me Ethan." ,he came closer to her and glanced deep into her eyes. "Forget you?"

"Yes, if you ever loved me, you will forget that I ever existed. Send my love to your new lover, she needs you the most. Love her and treat her better." Tears began to leave her eyes with every word that left her mouth. He placed his hand on her face wiping away all her tears.

"Abi-"

"Ethan please do this for me."  He glanced into her hazel eyes leaning in kissing her passionately for the last time before he left, he said this to her. "You're my first love and my only love, and I'll choose you again. I will love you as long as I live because I'm forever yours and you're forever mine."

It was hard for her to do what she just did and it took a lot of courage and self confidence. It really broke her heart shattering it to very small pieces. "Was she really distancing herself from him?Both innocent soul's shattered, sacrificing their love for someone else's happiness. Is it the end of true love?"

******
"Hey girl..., both Monica and Fiona unexpectedly walked into my office. Both their facial expressions abruptly changed from a smile to concernment, once they saw me crestfallen.
" Tell us what's wrong? ", both their friendly instincts kicked in.

"I broke up with Ethan." As I thought this day wouldn't come, for me ending up saying those five words altogether. It pains me just thinking about what I did to him, the tears and melancholy in his beauteous amber eyes shattered my heart to piece. Pieces I wouldn't be able to fix, could it be possible that I'm living in a dilemma or maybe I've mistake our love as real when it was just an illusion (or is it?).

"We're so sorry ..." they neared me giving me a hug.

"So, what now?"

"I don't know, move on, I guess."

******

"Ethan what's wrong." Mom asked me but I ignored her. As she came closer, she sat next to me wrapping her arm around my shoulder. "Please talk to me." I could feel her gaze full of concernment burning a hole inside my soul. Tears fell down my cheeks as though they were a waterfall.

She places a hand on my face turning it to meet hers."Please. "

"Why did grandfather, you and dad do this to me? Due to this abrupt marriage ,I lost the love of my life."

Ethan

"Would you like it when someone came in between you and dad, even though it's a relative. Forcing you into loving and marrying another. Would you just demolish true love just for another or fight to stay with the one who loves, cherishes and adores you. Someone who would gladly give their life for you?"

"No."

"Would you ever love another?"

"No."

"Tell me, how I'm I supposed to love Cristal when my heart only beats for Abi.", he spoke with so much melancholy in his heart.

"Owe, come here honey, everything will be alright, I promise.",she gave him a hug along with a kiss on the forehead.

" Everyday I'm compelled to see the melancholy in her eyes. Abi I'm sorry."