Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Abi," I saw her eyes open a little. "Ethan," she calls out to me. I raked her hair reassuring her that everything is going to be alright. She seat in a sitting position rubbing her eyes. Looking at her I could lone see melancholy in her eye even though she was reluctant to make eye contact with me. Lifting her chin turning it slightly to my direction, my heart ached seeing her cry. Before I could even utter a word out to her I was interrupted by my grandfather announcing our marriage. That its tomorrow, I heard Cristal scream out in enthusiasm while we are all here helping Abi. She looked at me heartbroken. "Ethan I have to go it's late," she stood up not giving me a chance to respond to that. "At least allow me to take you home," she looks at me devastated. "No thank you, I'll manage on my own," she lets go of my hand heading to her car. I cased after her but I was too late as she left. She was out of my reach.

"Is she alright?," Cristal asks from behind. Pretending like she gives a damn about her. "Like you care," said my conscious. I ignored her , looking at how she was pretending to care made me sick to the core. Taking my gaze away from Cristal to my right I saw mom and dad at the door. "Mom and Dad I'm not feeling well, I'm going home alone. I'm in no need to be accompanied by anyone as I desperately need to be alone right now," I say looking at Vermeer. "We understand son," I looked at her one more time before leaving their sight. My guts were telling me that she had something to do about  Abigail's reaction, the crying and the passing out. I had no doubt about it what so ever. She never liked Abi, she hated her for no reason. My mind wondered about questions forms in my head. "She couldn't have done it alone? Someone is somehow involved in this?," I asked myself.

On the drive way I caught a glimpse of a SUV van with Ms Anderson's family in it. They were all in disguises than it hit me. They were their the whole time, they must have seen or heard something.  I kept my distance following them back home. They stopped parking their car in the driveway. Quickly without wasting any time I parked my car stepping out of it. I couldn't careless about what they'll do to me, what matters is Abi. The thought of Abi being safe and happy, made me reveal myself to them. "What's going on, please tell me?," they all stopped in front of the door looking at me as if I'm lost. "Ethan man this is not a good time," I could see that their
discombobulated yet angry. I don't blame them they have every right to be angry, I felt the same way too. "Please," Mrs Anderson let's out a heavy sight opening the door indicating for me to go in. "Take a sit Ethan, make yourself at home," she says closing the door behind us.

"Monica may you do the honors on informing us what happened," she looks at us unsure. "Mrs and Mr Anderson can we trust him?," she asks uncertain. Both Mrs and Mr Anderson glanced at each other for a while as if to say can we. "We can trust him," Brandon says abruptly. "Now please tell us," she nodded in agreement. "I saw Andrew and Cristal talk to Abi. Here is what they said to her," she unlocks her phone letting us listen to their conversation. We all grew silent listening clearly to every word. As they lit up a fume inside of us as how Andrew and Cristal have the nerve to harass her like that yet alone threaten her. Questions roamed my mind as soon as the record finished, I saw it as an opportunity to ask them because I needed answers this instant.

"Their married," Diana asks pure shock clearly shown in her eyes. "Looks like it," Darwin response to her question. "What did Andrew do to Abi?," everyone grew silent glancing at the floor. It took a while for them to respond but they did eventually. "Andrew deceived Abi used and mislead her. He dated her for three months. He physically and emotionally abused her but didn't have the chance to mentally abuse her. As she was reluctant to letting that happen. Abi landed in hospital several times in a horrendous condition. Went through coma for more than three months. Lost and gained her memory. I couldn't take it anymore as I file in a complaint. If I didn't do what I did, Abi would have been dead by now. He was sentenced for more than five years but I don't know how he got out. Now that he's out Abigail's life not to mention yours is in danger," Abigail's father was kind enough to inform me. Stuck on my chair being more than angry I was fuming. Taking in what happened now and in the past of Abigail's life. Abi is my life, my everything I couldn't imagine my life without her. I will protect her even if it means putting my life on line.

"I have a plan, but I'll need your help" immediately they looked at me. "Monica please save that tap, we will need it in the end. I will hire investigators to scoop every information about Andrew and Cristal. This is where you all come in be with Abi all times. And I will take care of the rest.," they looked discombobulated as ever moving to the edge of their seats.

"The not knowing part is killing me," Rachel says abruptly. "All you need to know is that I'll do anything to keep Abi and her family safe. Before you ask me why I don't play the tap tomorrow at the ceremony to expose Cristal. I'd have to say all comes in good times. I really need your help, please help me to help Abi?," they nodded in agreement. "Thank you, I have to leave before they find out I'm not at home," I said with my hand on the door handle. I was about to open up the door but it was opened by someone from the other side.

"Abi," lifting up her head she looked at me eyes red and all. She just passed through me not saying a word to me nor her family when they called out her. It looked like she was heading to her room, climbing up the stairs I called out to her causing her to stop on her tracks. "Carson please!, I'm tried within and out. I desperately need to be alone right now, I'm heading off to bed. Good night, and oh before I forget congratulations hope you enjoy your wedding tomorrow," she never looked at me not even once when she said that. She was hurting so was I. I watched her as she climbed the stairs to her room. Sadly glancing back at her family, I could lone see sympathy in their eyes for me. I ignored the look of sympathy I bet them farewells and left.

******
Outside on top of the balcony glancing at the stars. Zoning out thinking about the investigators hoping that everything goes according to plan. Than again my mind so as my thoughts shifts back to Abi. She doesn't deserve what's happening to her. Protecting her will always be my number one priority. I lone wish I had her in my embrace to take her worries, pain and heartaches away. So deep in thought that I didn't hear Cristal walk in. She nears me moving her hands freely around my back. A lit of fire burns inside me, I kept my temper low as possible so she wouldn't be suspicious. But it made me uncomfortable with her hands roaming freely around my body. Taking her hands away from me nicely putting them together and placing them on the balcony. "You do know its bad luck for the groom to see the braid before their wedding day?," I removed my gaze from the stars to her. "That's just an old friction meant to keep the groom from the braid," she looks at me. "Anyway I came here to see if your alright?," she says. "No, I'm not but I will be. Thank you so much for caring, I need to get some rest so do you," I spoke honestly. "Good night Cristal," she looked at me before she left.

Locking the door, climbing in bed glancing deeply at the ceiling. Desperately praying for sleep to take over me. As I needed the rest I could get to make everything happen according to plan tomorrow. Thinking constantly about Abi over the night. That finally sleep takes over me with me welcoming it with open arms.