Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

"Dexter,what's the reason for calling us up this late at night?" Monica whispered in the living room with the girls and Darwin behind her.

"Yeah, dude why did you wake us up?" Fiona yawned wiping off the sleep of her eyes.

"I hope there's a good reason for disturbing my beauty sleep!" Darwin shouted. The girls glanced at him lost for words. With awe written on their haggard faces.

"Shush...keep it down. Jeez man."

"So what's the plan?", Elizabeth asked.

"Okay here it is...." Dexter stopped at the sight of Darwin walking. "Where in the world are you going?" he whispered.

"Duh! Isn't it obvious? I'm switching on the lights. The last thing I need is getting hurt by your diabolical plans."

"Diabolical?"

"Don't get me wrong you and your sisters inherited your father's thoughts."

He was just about to switch on the lights, when he jerked his hand away from the light switch. To the sound of someone clapping their hands in slow motion followed by a maniacal laugh,which got them shivering with fear." Please tell me it was one of you guys." Darwin asked as he glanced at his friends.

"No." They shook their heads. Someone held Monica's shoulder and they all silenced. "It was me!"

"AAAHH! ", they all screamed running to Darwin. Abruptly the lights switched on, they looked up till they came in contact with..." Heavens no."

"Brandon!"

"You should have seen the looks on your faces, it was priceless.", he said chuckling.

"Not cool dad, not cool." Dexter frowned.

"Actually it was, you all looked amazing!" Diana came out of nowhere.

"Were you in on this too?" Fiona asked.

"It's nothing personal."

"You see, I told you diabolical."

"Wow, we didn't notice." Elizabeth said sarcastically to Darwin, with Dexter calming Monica down.

"I hope this plan of yours includes killing that bastard, Ethan."

"No dad, I have a better one how about we cut of his arms and legs, that will do."

"Diana, I like it when you're malicious."

"Thanks dad."

"Now do your maniacal laugh."

"Hahahahahhahahaha." Man I never knew a laugh could last this long.

"Now that's my girl.", he said.

Everyone looked discombobulated and turned to poor Dexter. They looked at him with fury in their eyes. Due to the father- daughter moment they hoped he wasn't like that. Then it all hit them" Abigail " Their minds wondered off into space hoping that she wasn't like that either (or was she, nobody knew).

"Remind me not to mess with the Anderson family." They all said at the same time with them nodding to their statement.

"That's what you get for not including us in your plans. Now what was your plan." Dad rubbed both his hands together like some kind of insane lunatic.

"My plan wasn't to allow Abi to go to work tomorrow. To secretly kidnap her at night and take her to Cape Town. For a vacation to help her forget all about Ethan, she'll only come back to work when she's in a great condition. Besides we'll be there joining her on the fun."

"Wait what?Did you just say kidnap?" The girls mouths dropped open.

"Come again." Darwin held up a hand up his ear.

"That's what you all here for.", he explained.

"Yes my son, tell us more." Damn their really alike "diabolical"

"After we'd kidnapped her, we will surprise her."

"We you say.", they all chuckled. "We must be dreaming, or sleeping walking. If not that, we most be going crazy."

"Yeah, that reminds me we were drinking "JB" before we slept, maybe that's what's causing us to hallucinate." Fiona implied.

"Owe, yeah, mmm, we see what you mean. What do you say not to be involved?" Monica asks desperately in need to leave here.

"Yes"

"All in favour to leave at once, raise up your hands." Darwin was the first one to hold up his hand in the air.

"I...", they all lifted up their hands.

Please guys for Abi. A tear fell down from Dexter's eyes.

"Okay, fine. We'll do it."

"For Abi." Darwin added.

******

The girls were packing Abigail's clothes and  possessions. While Dad, Darwin and I were in her room.

"I cannot believe I'm doing this."

"Will you be quite Darwin? Now will you do the honor of carrying her to the car?"

"It's always me. Why can't you do it?" , he mumbles. He carries her cautiously. Out of her room, down the stairs and out of the house. He places her at the back seat of the car.

"Okay all her things are in the boot.", Fiona says looking exhausted.

"Just one question, does your wife know about this?" Brandon looked down at the concrete floor. "No."

"That's funny, it sounded like you said no." Monica kept on chuckling , waiting to hear someone reassure her that he didn't, but nobody spoke. She stops to the sight of their pale and haggard faces.

A knot form's between her troat making it difficult for her to digest the silence. "We're so dead."

"No thanks to father -daughter- son diabolical reunion." Fiona snaps sounding pretty much awake.

"I do believe it's mother- father- daughter-son diabolical reunion." A voice came from behind.

"Mrs Anderson, we're just..." Darwin hesitated.

"Everyone get in the car, I'm driving ," she replied making her way inside the car.

"Honey, we need to talk." Brandon saw the fury in her sweet bright green eyes.

"Don't talk to me, I'm mad at you. Now everyone buckle up, we're heading off to Cape Town.''