Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Speed it up people, we're going to be late."

Today is the day we explore the entire Cape as a family. You could say a 'family outing' if you like. We'll be glancing upon the true beauty of the town. Not to mention the table mountain. The beauteous slivery white clouds shifting slowly, covering the enormous greenish brown magnificent mountain. Just imagine what a cool breeze there'll be? (Gazing upon it as we pass of course.) I know how sad it must be but it's  true, I was really looking forward to seeing the mountain so close up in person. But what can you say when things are not going as planed especially with grandma around making changes at the last minute. Or she's up to her old tricks again, where she tells you we're going to a certain place. So you've planed for this special occasion and know about it. But the lone person who really knows, were we are actually going is no one other than grandma.

This was grandma's idea and we even contemplated the idea of leaving early. That family time will be longer like we planed it to be, unfortunately it won't be if we don't leave right now.

"We're coming." They say as they pass through me making their way to the car, except one person.

"Dad come on..., what's taking you so long."

"Just a few minutes," he says as usual. "Bet he's watching a soccer game,'' she thought ( who knows it might be true ).

Grandma comes my way, "Abi honey go to the car, I'll handle your father okay.",she says kindly with a smile but you could still clearly see irritation in her eyes.

Whoa!..., She looks seriously mad like she's about to kill. Wonder what she's planing to do to dad?, my mind kept wondering about.

"O- Kay," I say politely leaving her sight heading to the car discombobulated. I take a seat at the back of the car ,closing the door next to me.

"Where's the others." , I ask as I see the car lifeless.

"Outside on their smart phones. So dad in trouble with grandma?."

"About to be," a cute smile escapes through my lips.

*******
"Come on score already," his anxiousness made him more impatient.

His eyes grew wide with enthusiasm, as Sifiso Tshabalala take's the ball from one of the pirate soccer players, heading straight for the net. He couldn't control myself anymore, his grip on the bowl full of popcorn grew tighter. He shifted forward from his chair impatient as ever, til it finally happened. Out there in the open Sifiso went ahead and kicked the ball.

"Please go in , score." Silence.... took over at the stadium and Brandon but not his conscious.

It's a goal!..

"Yay," he stands up shouting with enthusiasm.

"This is surprising." The sound of Rose's voice startled him. He switched off the television , immediately throwing the remote on the bed.

"Hey, what brings you here?" Questions in mind appear as answers he knew to her arrival begin to fade.

"First of all this is my house, I can go anywhere it pleases me." Whoa talk about a immediate but yet a harsh answer. She could clearly see that she totally court him off guard, with what she said. She neared him slowly " We were supposed to have left 15 minutes ago, now we barely have time on our hands. All thanks to you , now please..., " she pauses for a while and takes a deep breath.

"Take your butt down stairs and to the car ASAP, are we clear." Irritation raises her temper, holding it in without saying a word her left eye began to twitch.

"Yes mam," he moved as fast as he could, not willing to unleash the worst side of her.

"Yo!," she says extremely irritated as she follows him from behind.

******

"What in the world took both of you so long," mom asks as both grandma and dad slid in the car.

"A certain someone was acting so childishly, that I had to fetch him in person." She says calmly and then the big blow happens.

Rachel honey... "You and Luke were and still look like a cute couple." She turned her head slightly to her right lone to see Brandon green with jealousy. She grins at him as he frowns at her ,guess she might have hit a nerve. (You see Luke was her ex boyfriend or ex lover at high school. Who clearly still has a crush on her. So Brandon doesn't like it when they mention their ex's. It makes him and his wife green with jealousy.)

Rachel reaches out a hand and gently brushes her husband's chocolate silky smooth hair. "No need to be upset love, you know I lone love you and lone you.", she whispers sweet words to him. With that being said his mind was at ease, taking a deep breath he asks everyone. "Is everyone here and all buckled up." They all nodded and there they went.