Chapter 9

Chapter 9

   “Momma! I’m home, and I have two criminals with me!” Bryce snorted, once we entered his home.

His house always had a certain smell to it. It always smelt like honey and chamomile. Yeah, I know weird combination but it smelt really good, and Bryce’s house was always really warm and welcoming.

   “I am not a criminal!” Tay retorted to Bryce while slapping his back. I could hear the thud of her hand, hitting Bryce’s skin. I chuckled for a slight moment, before Bryce yelped in pain and rubbed the spot on his back.

   “Tay-lor! You punch like a fucking man!”

   “Nah, it’s not me! Your body is built like a girls,” Tay responded with a slight smirk playing at her lips.

   “Bryce, we all know that you know how to flatter women,” Bryce’s mom sarcastically said, when she entered the living room in a light green apron, her hands stuffed inside of oven mitts, carrying a plate, which held a plate of chocolate chip cookies, with the chocolate chips, oozing out.

   Bryce scoffed and pointed at me and Tay, “These two? Women? You’re funny mom!”

   “So I’ve been told… Taylor and Adelaide, care for some of Gina’s handmade cookies?”

   “Yes please!” Me and Tay shouted, before attacking the plate, and filling our hands with cookies.

   “Definitely women…” Bryce mumbled in the background.

   “Milk please,” Tay demanded.

   “You know where it is…” Gina said, like she said it every day.

   Gina was Bryce’s mom, obviously. His dad left when he was three years old for a woman that was a complete bitch. She’s been a single mom ever since. It’s kind of a shame because Gina’s so nice and playful, and so motherly…

   Tay groaned and got up from her seat to fetch herself some milk.

   “So… I have a present for you before you leave,” Gina stated with a warm smile.

   “Oh no, Gina! You shouldn’t have!” I said, with a smile in return. She really didn’t have to. She worked at a local restaurant, which barely paid her, and here she is, getting me a gift… Like I said, Gina’s so nice and playful.

   “I know I shouldn’t have, but I did, so there’s nothing you could do about it.” Gina simply stated.

   She brought out a small packaging, which I tore open quickly, and right before me stood a brand new iPod. I already have a lot of those, but coming from Gina…

   “You shouldn’t have!”

   “I know you have tons of those, but I didn’t want you to forget about me and Bryce, so your whole music list is filled with saying from me and Bryce so you don’t forget our voice, and the rest is games and books that we love…”

   “Gina, I love you to pieces!” I simply stated. And I did. She was like a second mother. When my mom made stupid decisions like this… leave it to Gina to make you happy.

   Bryce looked awestricken, “You got her and iPod?!”

   “You already have one. Plus it’s no big deal. You’re acting like you’ve never seen one,” Gina said with an amused smile covering her mouth.