Chapter 17

Chapter 17

   I awoke to a room that was filled with loud, male laughter. I slowly opened my eyes and spotted three blonde haired boys. I groaned loudly, which made the boys erupt in heavy laughter.

   I swiftly sat up on my bed and screamed, “What?!” Seriously, what’s their deal? Oh, and most importantly, what are they doing in my room?!

   One of the boys, I think it was Jason, clutched his stomach and pointed at my hand, then at my face. I saw a feather in his hand and whipped cream on my nightstand. Oh hell no!

   “You guys are such jerks!” I screamed while getting out of my bed and standing in front of a mirror. They all looked at each other and then back at me. “We know.”

   “God! Get out! Get out!” I screamed at them and pointed at the door.

   They put their hands up in the air and took steps backward and out the door.

   “Man, I can’t believe they would actually prank me like this,” I muttered to myself. I wiped the whipped cream off my face and went into the bathroom to wash my face.

   This was of course a stupid prank and I could definitely pull off something way better than this. Just watch out boys…

   I stepped out of my room and went searching for the living room, but before I went there, I stopped in front of a large sliding door in which I could hear a guitar playing and a voice singing. There was no way to describe the music, it was just too beautiful.

   Without thinking, I went in through the door and stopped dead in my tracks.

   There was Nick, sitting on top of a Grand Piano, playing the guitar, and singing. It had been him! Nick Crawford, the ignorant ass.

   I must’ve been standing there for a long time because before I knew it, he was done playing and he put the guitar back and climbed off the piano and turned around to walk out of the room, but he stopped immediately after he saw me.

   What was my excuse? ‘Your music was incredible so I had no choice but to listen to it.’ No, I will not say that.

   “Uhhh…” I said nervously while scratching my neck awkwardly.

   “Did you just hear everything?” Nick asked while pointing his thumb backwards to where his guitar was laying lifelessly.

   “Yeah,” I said with a nervous laugh.

   He crossed his arms and flipped his shaggy blonde hair to the side and looked at me expectantly. “Is that what you’re going to do now? Are you going to start eavesdropping? Well, I can’t wait until you go back to those parents of yours.”

   I could feel my eyes get watery, but I still managed to scream at him, “No! I’m not eavesdropping! Why do you hate me so much? I didn’t even do anything to you! Trust me; this is the last place I ever wanted to be!”

   His gaze on me softened down a bit, but it was still piercing into my skin. “Then why are you even here?”

   “You know what?” I asked him, backing away towards the door. “I have no fucking idea!”

   I ran out of the door and tried to remember the directions to Dylan’s room that he gave me the first day I was here.

   I was standing in front of Dylan’s door, building the guts to knock. Pretty soon, I had them so I knocked on the door and sucked in the air around me.

   “What?” Dylan asked sleepily when he opened the door. He was rubbing his eyes and he was shirtless and only in boxers. I think a little part of me just melted. He was smoking hot! Seriously, he has some muscle, and those abs! Don’t even get me started!

   When Dylan realized that it was me and that I was kind of checking him out, he smirked. “I see you like my body. Can’t blame you, lots of ladies dig it.”

   “Ha. Ha. Funny Dylan.”

   “Okay, well not to be rude or anything but why are you here?”

   “Well…” I said, fiddling with my fingers. “Um, Nick.”

   “Oh him. Don’t mind him; he can come off like a real ass.”

   “Come off? He is!” I protested.

   “Okay, yeah. Whatever, but he’s really smart and he’s really good with the guitar,” Dylan said.

   “Wait, Nick. Being smart? Funny story Dylan.”

   “I’m dead serious. He’s nineteen, but already done with college.”

   “Really? Wow…” I said, impressed.

   “Yeah, just give him some time. He’ll come around.”

   “But I leave in like three days.”

   He stopped me and looked into my eyes with sympathy. “Wait you don’t know?”

   “I’m not catching the drift. What do you mean?” I asked feeling very confused.

   “You’re parents went missing in the Bermuda Triangle.”

   Oh. My. God.

*********************************************************************

Dun dun dunnnn!!!

Omg! Okay so if you haven't heard my message, I won't be uploading too often anymore because I have to focus on other things, but I will be uploading still.

I'm cold and I have allergies =/

My back hurts...

Oh, and you guys should go listen to Pieces by Sum 41