Chapter 4

Chapter 4

   Bryce was lying on my bed with his arms and legs spread apart. He sighed and flipped his shaggy brown hair over to his right side and said, “I can’t believe you’re leaving. Phoenix is going to suck without you.”

   I was standing in front of my vanity mirror and brushing my soft, auburn colored hair. “I’m going to miss all of you guys, so much! Especially you,” I admitted.

   He sat up from his position and opened his arms wide, inviting me in for a hug. I put down my brush and ran into him and gave him a big bear hug. We were in hugging position for about ten seconds, when tears started to cascade off of my face and onto his gray shirt.

   He brushed his hand against my hair and tried to comfort me, “Don’t cry Addie. You know it breaks me to see you cry. It literally rips open my heart, and takes one piece of my heart and throws it down an abyss, and leaves me with an unfinished heart which makes me suffer.”

   I lightly chuckled and hugged him tighter. “I’ll find that piece of your heart from the abyss and bring it back and secure it back in its place again,” I reassured him, not wanting to stop hugging.

   “…But I hate that you have to go down that dirty, dark abyss, just to find a piece of my heart,” Bryce said, with all sincerity in his voice.

   “Have I ever told you that you are the bestest best friend in the whole wide world and that I love you more than anything?” I asked, sounding like a five year old talking to its teddy bear.

   Bryce pulled away from the hug, and the sides of his mouth curled into a smile. “Only a million times Addie.” After he said that, his phone vibrated in his pocket, alerting him that he had a new text message. I hated whoever that person was, because he killed my moment with my best friend.

   “Can I check my text?” He asked carefully. I shrugged and walked away from him. “Why not?”

   He pulled out his blackberry and read the text message. I was carefully observing him. He seemed to tense up and I curiously asked, “Who is it?”

   He took a deep breath and studied my face for a minute. Then he said, “Matt.” He kept staring at me for my reaction, but my face was emotionless. “Oh,” Was my smart response.

   “…Yeah…” Bryce muttered under his breath. “Can I call him?” Bryce asked for my permission.

   “Go ahead,” I said bluntly. He dialed in Matt’s number and pressed talk. After what seemed like forever, Matt answered his phone.

   “Hello?” I could hear Matt talk from where I was sitting, so I decided to listen to their conversation.

   “What the hell man!?” Bryce shouted into his phone, his voice clearly full of anger.

   “What?” Matt asked, confused.

   “You hurt my best friend, then text me like everything’s okay. What the fuck is this?” Bryce questioned angrily.

   “She couldn’t fucking stick up for herself, she’s old enough, but she lets her parents fucking control her!” Matt snarled.

   “She’s not eighteen yet. She has to listen to her parents. I thought at least, you would understand,” Bryce choked out through gritted teeth.

   “It’s not my fault; she should’ve seen it coming. I mean who stays in a stupid, meaningless relationship for a fucking two years?” Matt questioned.

   I felt my heart break. Our relationship was stupid and meaningless? I stomped up to Bryce and pulled his phone from his ear.

   “A good boyfriend. A good boyfriend does. Weather the girlfriend can stick up for herself or not. Even if she’s dying, or even if she’s fucked up,” I said. My voice was shaky because of my tears. “I hope you’re happy. Aren’t you glad that you’re out of my grip? Now you can fuck with any other girl and her emotions.” I added. I faked a tone of happiness, even though the pain was clear in my voice. I handed the phone over to Bryce and ran into my bathroom, where I slammed the door and sat on the floor, hugging my eyes, and drowning my face with my salty tears.

   I could still hear Bryce and Matt’s conversation. “You fucked up bitch! You’re treating her like she’s nothing. Well she’s fucking worth the world!” Bryce screamed furiously into the phone. “And don’t you think about calling this number ever again,” Bryce added, His voice was calm, but you could tell that he was trying to maintain his anger.

   Bryce and Matt never really liked each other, but they started to like each other, only for my sake. Pretty soon, I heard footsteps walking over to the bathroom. It was Bryce of course.

   He lightly knocked on the door and pleaded, “I’m so sorry Addie. Don’t cry. Open the door. I told you how I feel when you cry.”

   I sighed and got up from the floor and opened the door. Bryce immediately wrapped his arms around me. He kissed my cheek and whispered into my ear, “Matt could die in a fucking hole with just a cube of cheese, but you and me; we’d be at the end of the rainbow, dancing happily with a leprechaun because we found our pot of gold.” I slightly chuckled. Bryce was really creative and imaginative. I loved him for that.

   “Bryce?” I said softly into his shoulder.

   “Yeah,”

   “I love you.”

   “So I’ve heard… I love you even more than you can imagine,” Bryce said happily.

   Typical Bryce. It would be very, very, very hard for me to leave him. I would miss my best friend way too much.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Don't you just love Bryce? He's the perfect best friend! Why can't more guys be like him. Omg, check out who plays Bryce. Gaspard Ulliel of course! He is so sexxy ;D One things fo sho- I am in luvv with Bryce Dawson! Hope to see more of him and Matt, further into the story :D