Chapter 18

Chapter 18

   My words were caught in my throat and my breathing got sharper. My parents cruise ship could not have gone missing in the Bermuda Triangle! You would’ve thought that from past experiences of ships going missing, people would’ve stopped going into the Bermuda Triangle, but no. That dumb sailor took my parents into there and lost them!

   “How do you know?” I managed to ask through a thick, raspy voice. How did he know? I wasn’t informed of this…

   “I overheard my parents and I thought they told you-,” Dylan trailed off.

   I shook my head lightly and I felt myself become dizzy. I was feeling sick. My stomach was chewing on my flesh and there was this horrible ringing in my ears and my vision was blurry. I tried to calm myself down by telling myself that they were only missing, they didn’t die yet and there’s still a possibility of finding them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

   I awoke to complete and utter white walls and the dingy smell of the hospital. I snapped open my eyes fully and observed the scenery around me. The whole Crawford family was seated down with worry-filled eyes.

   “Why’d you tell her on such a short notice?” Paisley scowled at Dylan.

   “I thought she already knew and how would I know that she would pass out?”

   Paisley shook her head and turned towards me and immediately shot up from her seat when she saw me with my eyes open.

   “Adel! Adel, honey! Are you feeling okay? Do you need anything? Why’d you pass out? Do you need a nurse?” Paisley called out an array of questions which made my head hurt even more than it already was.

   “Mom, chill,” I heard Reese call out from where he was seated.

   “Right, right. Sorry, it’s just; I’m so sorry Adel!” Paisley called out while crossing her arms and putting all of her weight on one foot.

“Um, don’t worry Paisley…” I said with a nervous laughter that filled the hospital room.

Paisley turned around to face her husband and said, “Simon, call the nurse, she’s awake.” She then immediately snapped her head around to face me.

“So can you tell me what’s up?” I asked unsure of why I was at the hospital. I know I passed out, but I don’t even remember why.

She raised an eyebrow anxiously, “You don’t remember?” 

I shrugged and looked at her in confusion. She sighed and started to speak. Every word she spoke was drenched with sympathy. “You’re parents cruise ship went missing when they entered the Bermuda Triangle. I’m so sorry! I know it feels horrible.”