Chapter 7

Chapter 7

   It took fifteen short minutes to get to Tay’s house, and I had Bryce sitting in the passenger seat, singing loudly to a Trading Yesterday song.

“My granny sings better than you,” I snorted to Bryce.

   “Pfft, don’t be hatin’ on my talent ‘cause you got none,” Bryce retorted back.

   I playfully rolled my eyes at him, and slapped his forearm.

   “Alright fatty, time to get out! We’re here!” I shouted into Bryce’s ear.

   Bryce motioned a hand over his body, “You call this amazing body fat? What you got here is a beautiful six pack and toned muscles. Everything girls dig. Clearly, you’re a boy, ‘cause you don’t dig this.”

   “Ugh! Did you just call me a boy?” I asked, my tone threatening. “Imma shave off all of that ugly brown hair you got.”

   “Come at be bro,” Bryce challenged.

   I checked my reflection in one of the side view mirrors and ignored Bryce. I got out of the car and slammed my door closed, leaving Bryce in my car, all alone.

   I dug out Tay’s key from under the door mat and invited myself in.

   Tay was lying down on her couch with the remote in her hand and a big glass of coke in her other hand. She was watching Family Guy.

   I scoffed. She was one to call me lazy and fat.

   I slowly walked over to Tay and fell down on her legs, taking her by surprise.

   “Ahh! You’re breaking my small legs fatty!”

   I looked at her coke and then back at her. “I’m the fatty?”

   She laughed and asked, “Where’s Bryce?”

   “In a coffin, under a tombstone,” I shrugged.

   Right then there was a heavy pounding on the door and a voice shouting, “Let me in! I didn’t mean it. Come on! Mosquitoes are fucking sucking my blood!”

   “Good,” I yelled back in a pleased tone.

   “Imma trash this door if you don’t open it right now!” Bryce threatened.

   I got up off of Tay’s legs and lazily walked to the front door and let Bryce in. The first thing he did was grab me by the waist and carry me over his shoulder.

   “Like the view?” Bryce asked. I could totally imagine a huge smirk plastered over his mouth.

   “Your ass is fat,” I complained.

   “I was talking ‘bout the floor fatty. But you can look there if you want.”

   I slapped his shoulder and bit his neck hard (not in a romantic way, but in a painful way.)

   He immediately dropped me and stared at me with his wide blue eyes.

   “You just fucking bit my neck.”

   I gulped and ran and jumped on Tay and hugged her tightly.

   “You hurt me, you hurt Tay. She gonna kick you fat ass,” I said confidently.

   He raised his hands in the air and waved them like crazy, “Okay fine! I surrender. Now let’s go watch a movie.”

   “Ugh, no! I can’t go out like this.” Tay shouted.

   “Suck it ‘cause you are. You made me wake up in the morning, so you’re going out in bunny shorts and a black tank top, whether you like it or not!”

   She crossed her arms over her chest and said, “Fine,” in defeat.

   She slipped on a green Aeropostale sweater and tugged on some white Converse.

   She tucked in some money in her pocket and her phone too and we were out the door in no time.

   “You ready?” Tay asked once she was done getting ready.

   Me and Bryce looked at her with a ‘duh’ expression on our face. We were waiting for her to get ready, and she asks us if we were ready.

   …The nerve… Okay I was just joking there!

   “Lego!” Tay exclaimed, motioning her hands toward the door.

   When we got outside, I asked Tay where she wanted to go and she said, “I feel for a stroll in the park.”

   Bryce broke out laughing, “What. The. Fuck?”

   She shrugged and skipped ahead towards the park and left us behind. I shook my head and started running to catch up with her, with Bryce right by my side, his shaggy brown hair, flapping against his forehead while the wind hit his face when he ran.

   We arrived at the park in basically no time at all and we all ran straight for the swings, making the little kids give up their seat for us.

   I adjusted my butt onto the seat and swayed my legs back and forth and rose higher and higher.

   I was about to stop my swing when Tay and Bryce both shouted, “Oh my god!”

   I looked up at them confused and they reluctantly pointed at the direction they gasped at.

   I shot my head in that direction and my eyes prickled with tears and my heart started to pound.

   There was the fluffy, shaggy brown hair I knew, and the big brown eyes I was mesmerized by… holding hands with some bimbo with a fake tan and blonde curls.  

*******************************************************************

******Omg who do y'all think it is? Oh, and whoever it is, Tay is gonna do something really unexpected.

   Omg I love Tay! She's a great best friend!! Ahaa haa!!

   Okay, well I can't upload tomorrow and I probably can't upload Sunday either because Imma take a trip with some friends for spring break so I won't have access to a computer, but anyways hope you liked the chapter and I'm sorry it's short.

   Btw, Bryce and Tay are her main best friends, a Callum, Emma, and Stevie are part of their friendship group too, but they aren't as close to Tay, Bryce, and Adel.