Of Love And Hate, You Were My Greatest Mistake ~26~

hiii! vote and comment? :) sorry for the wait, but its finally here! yay ^^

“Wait,” Amanda’s head popped up between the two front seats, “So why is Jace not riding with us again?”

“I just told you, Mandy!” Caleb sighed dramatically as he veered onto the freeway. “He texted me and said he got his keys back.”

“Finally.” Laila smiled happily from the passenger side. She hadn’t seen Jace at all since the front yard incident two days before, and the longer she could put it off the better. “Having him in half my classes is bad enough, I don’t need to see him first thing every morning. Especially on a Monday. They’re bad enough as it is, I don’t want his face to add to it.”

“Well I do! I didn’t see him all weekend.” Amanda pouted and leaned back in her seat. “I miss him.”

“Seriously? You’ve never even spoken to him.” Caleb said bluntly.

“And squeaking doesn’t count.” Laila added, smiling as Caleb laughed beside her.

“It does too count.” Amanda said defiantly. 

The rest of the ride went by quickly, much the same as they always had before Jace had joined. Before Laila knew it they had pulled up at school and were heading up the front steps.

“So I’m thinking for the first game of the season I’ll come in a jersey with Jace’s number on it, that way he’ll have to notice me and admit we’re friends.” Amanda was saying. “Wait.. when is it again?”

“Friday.” Laila replied excitedly. “I can’t wait. And not because of Jace.” She shot Amanda teasing look, who grinned shamelessly.

“See you in a few minutes!” Amanda chirped. She grabbed Caleb’s arm and skipped off in the direction of their lockers. Laila continued to her own and stuffed everything inside, though she didn’t bother to get out her P.E. clothes.

“I know you’re there, just so you know.” She slammed her locker shut and looked directly at Jace, who was smirking.

“So you’re looking forward to the game because of me.” He stated. 

“What? What are you talking about?” She furrowed her brows as she tried to figure out exactly that.

“Your conversation with the short asian. You said you’re gonna wear a jersey with my number so that--”

“I did not say that, Amanda did.” She corrected. “And why were you listening to us, anyways?”

“Because she talks obnoxiously loud.” He shut his locker and leaned against it, crossing his arms so the perfection of them was even more noticeable. “Apparently you both like talking about me, not that I blame you.” He smiled cockily before continuing, “I would talk about me too if I wasn’t myself. You know, you’re not only fun. You’re kind of interesting.”

“I actually hate talking about you, and how am I interesting?” Laila crossed her arms to mirror his and placed all of her weight on her right hip.

His smile faded as he pushed away from his locker, and just like that he walked away. Laila’s mouth dropped as she turned to watch him stroll down the hall as if they hadn’t just been in the middle of a conversation. She ran to catch up and fell into step beside him. He shot her an annoyed look.

“Why the fuck are you following me? Have you gone mental like Samantha?” He asked rudely.

“Her name’s Amanda and you didn’t answer me.” She replied, ignoring his rude questions completely.