Of Love And Hate, You Were My Greatest Mistake ~22~

this one is nice and long, yay! ^^ vote and comment? i promise the next part will be out much sooner if i get comments, they always make me happy and eager to write so i can upload soon (:

“Where do you think Jace went?” Amanda pouted, looking around sadly as she, Laila, and Caleb walked through the school entrance.

“Maybe he moved back home.” Laila said hopefully. She laughed as Amanda looked like she was about to cry.

“What if he did? He hasn’t been in any classes since P.E. this morning! Oh my god, what if he’s gone forever!” She wailed. She plopped down dramatically on the front steps, causing a few students to give her funny looks as they went around.

“You’re such a drama queen.” Laila mused, bending down to rub her back in a soothing motion. She remembered a moment later that she was in her cheer uniform and quickly straightened up.

“Way to flash half the school.” Caleb grinned as Laila hiked her bag up on her shoulder. 

“This is not a time to be making jokes, Caleb! This is a disaster! My husband is gone.” Amanda hopped up and looked around as the throng of students began to thin. “I guess I should go to drama club now.” She smiled happily and grabbed her bright backpack from the ground, where she had dropped it earlier in her distressed state.

“Are you sure you’re not bipolar?” Laila asked playfully. 

“Nope, just a short attention span! See you after rehearsal.” Amanda slipped her backpack on and skipped away.

“Oh I’m not riding home with you guys today. Jace and I got detention.” Laila said offhandedly. Caleb looked at her in surprise as they headed toward the field.

“You got a detention? Perfect record Laila got a detention? How did this even happen?” 

“Jace.” She scowled before recounting what had happened this morning. By the time they had reached their squad she was annoyed all over again from just thinking about his permanently sour mood toward her.

“Hey look, he’s back.” Caleb interrupted, pointing across the field. Laila followed the motion and sure enough, there was Jace, talking and laughing with Wes and a couple other guys.

“Figures he’d skip a whole day of school and show up in time for soccer.” Typical Jace, she thought bitterly. 

“Okay everyone, stretch!” Katie called, taking her position at the front of the girls. Ramani was beside her, toying with her top and the way it was fitting her. She looked up and waved at Laila and Caleb.

“Hi Ram!” Laila smiled and led Caleb to the front to take their usual positions. She lowered herself to the ground to begin her stretches for the day. She was a bit sore from the day before and football that morning, but it wasn’t anything she couldn’t handle.

Practice passed much the same as usual. The soccer team went by on their daily laps, Wes waving and shouting a greeting to Laila while Jace did the exact opposite. She helped teach routines, tumbling, and some flier positions to the new girls. Before she knew it practice was over.

“Are you ready?” Caleb asked, waiting near the bleachers for her to gather her things. They had already said goodbye to the other girls, who were mostly gone or currently leaving.

“I have detention, remember?” She reminded him. Her mood went down drastically as soon as the words had left her mouth. “I hope the general won’t be in charge of it. If he is I think I’ll kill myself.”

“Don’t do that,” Caleb said, panicked, “If you kill yourself who am I gonna laugh at when they trip or have slow moments?”

“Byee Caleb.” She gently shoved him toward the parking lot.