Of Love And Hate, You Were My Greatest Mistake ~18~

sorry its a bit short! btw, i added that song laila is singing in a youtube video in case any of you want sound effects haha ^^ its from the american idiot musical!

“Can we stop now?” Ramani begged. She was laying with her feet kicked up and her arms behind her head. “This grass is itchy and full of bugs and I’ve been laying here way too long.”

“Because we’re doing ab work,” Katie chided, “Stop being lazy and finish.”

“Ugh, you suck.” Ramani grumbled, reluctantly going back to her sit ups.

“It’s fun.” Laila glanced sideways at Ramani, earning herself an ‘are you freaking kidding me’ look. Laila ignored it and kept going. Practice was almost over and they had gone through sit ups, crunches, leg lifts, stretches, pushups, butt and thigh work, and even running up and down the bleachers to test their endurance. She hated to admit it, but she was nearing a point where she actually wanted to stop. She was exhausted.

“Practice is over. Good job guys.” Katie stood up, rubbing her stomach and bending backwards to stretch.

“Finally!” Ramani exclaimed, hopping up to adjust her hair and makeup.

“I don’t wanna move,” Laila groaned, sprawling out on her back and closing her eyes. A shadow appeared over her but she didn’t bother to open them and see who it was.

“Up you go! Time to go home.” Caleb’s voice was peppy and singsong as he urged her to stand.

“Nooo. I’m just gonna lay here and die instead.” Laila turned over on her side and wedging her arms underneath her head as a makeshift pillow.

“What happened to her?” Jace’s voice came up behind her, sounding more amused than anything.

“Want me to carry you again?” Wes’ voice came from her other side, directly beside Caleb.

“Yeah!” Her eyes shot open and she pushed herself up to a sitting position.

“Lazy.” Caleb smiled cheerily as he insulted her.

“No, dying.” She corrected. She waited for Wes to turn around before hopping on his back. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he adjusted his grip and started heading toward the parking lot. “Can you get my bag?” She smiled sweetly at Caleb, who grabbed her bag along with his own. “Thank you!”

“No problem, lazy.” Caleb laughed as she scrunched her nose at him.

“More like weak.”

“Shutup, Jace.” She snapped, glaring at him as he chuckled. “Nobody likes you so just stop talking.”

“I like him.” Wes piped up.

“Me too!” Caleb chimed in, twirling around as he led the way. “I think he’s fun.”

“I am not fun.” Jace argued.

“Relax dude, it’s a good thing.” Wes chuckled as Jace scowled. 

They reached Caleb’s car and Wes dropped his grip on Laila’s thighs, letting her slide down his back to land on her own two feet. She turned and threw her arms around him. “Thanks Wes, you’re the best!”

“No problem.” He lifted her off the ground and squeezed as she squealed in surprise. He dropped her and grinned. “See you all tomorrow.” He waved and jogged off toward his own car.

“Could you be anymore obvious that you’re throwing yourself at him?” Jace demanded, giving her a blatantly dirty look.

“I’m not throwing myself at him,” She defended, crossing her arms over her chest. “It’s called a friendship. Maybe if you weren’t such an ass you’d have some.”