Of Love And Hate, You Were My Greatest Mistake ~20~

sorry its super short! i've been having writer's block with this story if you guys couldn't tell from the lack of updates

“Can’t you walk to school or something?” Laila asked hopefully, watching as Jace walked up from Rose’s house. They hadn’t had any type of encounter while she was getting ready this morning. He hadn’t even blasted his music. It was like he had decided to be normal for the day.

“Can’t you be a bit less disgustingly bright?” He looked her over with a blank expression as he came to a stop beside her. She glanced down at her outfit; pink vans, lavender thigh high leg warmers, pink shorts, and a red short sleeved and considerably short blouse.

“No.” She picked her bag up from the ground as Caleb’s car came around the corner.

“Finally.” Jace grunted. “I’m tired of looking at you.”

“You’ve only been here for like two seconds!” Laila shot him a glare as he pushed her aside to get shotgun the same as every other day.

“Morning.” Jace sent Caleb a genuine smile as he got in the car. Laila climbed in the back and shut her door, pulling on her seatbelt as Caleb grinned at them both.

“Goodmorning sunshines!” Caleb pulled away from the curb and sped off down the street.

“Are you guys friends now or something?” Laila asked in total and complete shock. When and how had this happened?

“We actually talk in AP bio since you and Mandy aren’t there.” Caleb pulled to a stop outside of Amanda’s house, honking the horn when he saw she wasn’t outside yet.

“You’re in AP biology?” Laila asked, looking at Jace in the mirror. “I didn’t know you were smart.”

“I didn’t know you were... wait, no. There’s nothing good about you.” He laughed as she reached out and shoved him on the back of the head. “Don’t touch me.” His evil smile was gone the second he said it, and his face in the mirror was dead serious.

“You’re such a freak.” Laila muttered, looking out the window.

“MANDY!” Caleb honked the horn again, which was answered by her front door being flung open.

“I gotta go! Yeah I’ll be home yeah I know okay bye!” She dashed down her front lawn much the same as usual and rushed around the car to hop in on Laila’s other side. “Sorry I’m late.”

“It’s fine.” Caleb smiled reassuringly as he sped off toward the freeway. “Any requests today?”

“The audio book of Twilight!”

“Throw fairy out the car.”

“Rent!”

They all answered at once, and Laila didn’t know who’s answer she disliked more; Amanda’s or Jace’s.

“Lala wins!” Caleb announced. He toyed with his phone for a second before Out Tonight blasted through the car.

“What the fuck is this shit?” Jace groaned.

“One of my future roles on Broadway.” Laila replied happily. She struck a pose and smiled at Amanda before starting her personal performance. “What’s the time? Well it’s gotta be close to midniigghht,” She sang along the entire car ride as usual, taking pleasure in the pain it seemed to cause Jace. They got through at least five songs before finally pulling up in the school lot.

“That was bloody awful.” Jace declared. He threw his car door open and angrily got out, sparing Laila a glare before walking off.

“You should try getting along with him.” Caleb said, watching as Jace shoved through students to get up the front steps.