Of Love And Hate, You Were My Greatest Mistake ~24~

thanks for the comments and votes guys! ^^

Laila looked around as she entered his room. She had never been inside and she could only see so much through the window. She turned and jumped slightly as she came face to face with a smirking Joker, complete with a bloody handprint and ‘Why So Serious’ dripping down in blood.

“That’s the creepiest poster I’ve ever seen.” She kept her eyes on it as she backed away, half scared it would come to life and stab her. The entire room was a bit intimidating, actually.

“What do you want?” Jace deadpanned. She turned to see him lounged across a mini couch on the other side of the room. She hesitated for a moment, not sure where to go. “Just sit somewhere.” He said impatiently. 

She sat on the nearest surface, which happened to be the stool behind his drum set. She finally looked at him to see his eyes surveying her as he waited. “Are you in Distression?”

“What?” He started laughing as he leaned back in his seat. “Why would you ask such a stupid question?”

“Because I think you’re the lead guitarist.” She was getting a bit less intimidated and more confident now. “You’re eighteen, you’re italian, you play guitar like a professional, you play drums ridiculously good too,” She listed it off, adding a finger for each match.

“And why are you giving me a biography on my life?” He asked curiously. 

“Because it’s the same as his!” She exclaimed. “You’re both from the UK. They haven’t put anything new out or done any new shows since you left.”

“I still don’t see the connection.” He smirked at her growing frustration.

“And I saw his tattoo.” She added smugly. He knew she had him there.

“Why would I care about his bloody tattoo?”

“Because you have the same fucking one! Do you really think I’m that stupid?” She already knew he did, but he couldn’t think she was that stupid.

He chuckled and leaned forward, placing his elbows on his knees. “All your friends are. Everyone is, actually. You’re the first to figure it out.”

“I knew it!” She exclaimed, her voice raising in her excitement. “I knew it! Oh my god, this means you’re famous.”

“Not really.” He said nonchalantly.

“Yeah, you are. You guys went on a tour of Europe right before you left! And people over here keep talking about you. Even my mom knows who you are. You guys are all over the internet and you have a pretty big fan base. You’re not signed to a label though, are you?”

“No.” He made a face at the mere suggestion. “We’ve had offers but we turn them all down.”

“How come?” She tilted her head in confusion. Wasn’t it every band’s dream to get signed?

“Why the fuck would I want people telling me what to do? I hate authority.”

Her mouth dropped in disbelief. “Are you serious? That’s the dumbest reason I’ve ever heard. You guys could make it so big if you got over that and just got a record deal.”

“No.” He leaned back and grabbed a drumstick from atop the amp beside him.

“Ew wait,” Laila scrunched her nose in distaste as a thought hit her, “Does that mean your whole band feels like that?” He nodded. “That means they all must be just like you. That’s horrible.”

“I’m the most talented and good looking.” He smiled cockily as he expertly twirled the stick in his hand.

“You’re ridiculous.” Laila muttered. He laughed as his green eyes caught hers.