Chapter 68

I had awoken with a jerk. My eyes shot open and my arms flailed. As my head yanked up, I felt beads of sweat collected across my back and forehead. It ached beyond belief and this unsettling feeling flitted in the lower part of my stomach.

The dream from the night prior was so realistic I half expected Rachel to be right where she was last night. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes and attempting to recalibrate, dots clouded my vision which told me I needed to eat and it had to have been late in the day.

Although, I noticed my clothes were still on my body. Somewhat sticky given the obvious sweat. A shower was also needed.

Then, as I was reeling in reality, it just couldn't give me a break. With a thud, the door knocked against the door stop as someone barged in. Someone with platinum blonde hair and long slender legs.

Blinking once more, this was a dream I could not escape.

My eyes traveled upward, from her chipped nail polish on each toe, to the flannel she sported around her waste and torn jeans. She had on a muscle tee with a sports bra underneath. This was Rachel. The effortless rockstar look that had everyone in the room at attention.

Despite that, she lacked the glamour I remembered. My breath didn't catch in my throat. The tall, long, slender beauty stood dull in comparison to my sweet Willow.

Because there's something beautiful about one who doesn't try to.

"Good. You're up," there was a dryness in her tone. "Thought you never would," as well as a flicker of feistiness.

"Yeah," my tone, on the other hand, was ginger. Still, brain was in complete awe that my first love was in this room.

Out of nowhere, Rachel rolled her eyes amd scowled. "By the way, there was a short brunette troll at your door. You could probably get rid of your doormat and use her as replacement. I'd lend her a backbone but I actually put mine to good use."

How insensitive her words were uttered. As if talking about a bug she had to squish out of her own inconvenience. Did she talk about me like that to Jared when they were together?

This rung a bell and irked me considerably since I was familiar with who she was miserably describing.

Jumping up and swiftly gliding past Rachel, I headed toward the front door hurriedly. My heartbeat erratic all of a sudden.

But when I get to the door, practically tripping over air—Willow was not there.

"I said she was here smart one..." Wheels were turning again. "What ten foot pole up your ass makes you run to the door like Usain Bolt?"

Disappointment stung knowing I had missed her at the door, "Why didn't you wake me up when someone knocked on the door?" I asked a tad bit irritated.

She pouted and sauntered over to me, like the powerful seductress I'd always know her to be. Out of all the changes I noticed; that wouldn't.

"Because my poor, Acey baby was resting like a soft little angel..." her hands met my shoulders from behind whilst I settled on the couch and began to massage. "Because my big strong man rescued me like he always does, and that alone owed him the reward of a fulfilling slumber..."

Rachel was not dumb. Her actions were reckless but she could easily redeem herself with words and beauty.

However, my heart craved the naivety of a female every once in a while. Dominance empowered me, which was unknown to me until I met my dearest Willow. What a delicate flower she was.

Snapping fingers drew me from my deep reverie. "Hello," called a sore feminine voice. "Are you thinking about that meak little dwarf?"

Ripping away from her intruding hands and standing to my full height, "Don't talk about her like that," I said infuriated; locking eyes.