Chapter 21

The warm cover my body had clung to was snatched away following Nonna's voice.

"Guess who's going to meet their teachers today?"

Grumbling, "Come on Nonna," then forming a fetal position.

"Oh no you don't, stayin' up until four wasn't such a good idea now was it?"

Only if she knew why.

Sighing, there was no way around this. "Alright Nonna I'm up, I'm up.

"Now if I come in here and you're not...."

Rising from the bed, "I'll be ready in fifteen, calm down." She gave me one last look of warning, eventually leaving.

Exhaling loudly, the clock read 9:09 a.m. Surprisingly I did sleep, thankfully with no interruptions sort of speak.

Both of my feet met the carpet once again. The chill that crept up my spine everytime I thought about it just wouldn't go away.

Grabbing a shirt that actually was clean seemed like a challenge. It had been a minute since Nonna and I took a stop at the local laundry mat.

So many things I had rather been doing than meeting some shitty biased people who only gave a damn about a paycheck (not my education).

Although, there was no doubt I couldn't have blamed myself. Somewhere deep down, I knew Nonna would never trust me the same after that. Seeing her eyes filled with fear as to what could've happened. Lack of trust would always be there.

After getting myself ready, nervouseness started to kick in and reluctance. All of it felt like a waste of time.

A knock bounced off of the walls in my tiny room, "Ace, are you ready?"

"Yeah, I'm coming," the effort to cover up my frustration was not made.

Opening the door, my grandmother looked ecstatic in her pink sweater and blue jeans. "Let's move out then."

I did not dress up and wore simply a black sweatshirt with black jeans. From a random person's point of view, my expression added on to my appearance, it'd seem like I was on a mission to kill someone.

Walking quickly to the door, Nonna made every attempt to lighten the mood. Did not happen. Her green Honda sat proudly in the parking lot ready to go, along with its owner.

She fumbled to reach the keys in her purse. It shocked me how excited she was for just conversing with lousy educators.

Getting in to the vehicle, we drove off immediately. Giving me no time to even put on the seat belt.

"Please be sure to be on your best behavior Ace. A first impression is everything."

"I'm not a kid Nonna, I'll respect them if they respect me."

Simply putting it, I refused to kiss ass to a whole bunch of stuck up snobs.

"Oh honey your going into this with a negative mindset. Give the school a chance, I'm sure you'll like it." Her voice filled with joy.

Mine darkened, "Do you really think they give a damn about me? Clearly you don't know how this educational system works."

The side of my head knocked, "Watch your language ragazzo. I expect the best from you now. Don't make this harder than it has to be, you've put this all on yourself."