Chapter 28

"Is your grandmother going to be upset?" Willow asked with a hint of concern lacing her voice.

I started to walk near the complex, "Doubt it, I mean she's already forcing me to go to school. Not much more she can do."

Peeking through her long eyelashes, "I can help you not get in trouble, but on one condition."

So the little angel was trying to bargain, "That condition would be....."

"You tell me why you were at Russle's house."

I felt all of the color drain my face. Really, it wasn't her issue.

"That's my business Willow." I meant for my voice to come off with conviction. Only, it sounded harsh.

She flinched at my tone just a little, "Not many people go to him just for the heck of it. I'm curious as to why I found you there...that's all." Her confusion didn't go by unnoticed.

"The possibility of you understanding why I did, is....complicated, and something you shouldn't lose sleep over."

We walked in silence after that. Willow looked deep in thought, opening her mouth to say something only to close it again.

My jacket drowned her, I hated to admit it, but she actually looked rather adorable.

She exhaled heavily in defeat, "You don't have to tell me, but I'm still going to make sure you don't get in trouble."

"Why?"

Sighing once more, "You were compassionate toward me. And if it wasn't for you I would've still been in pain on the side of that road holding my shin. Maybe it doesn't mean much to you, but to me, that was one of the nicest things somone has ever done for me." She said shyly, almost embarrassed.

My hand took hold of her shoulder, "Look at me," Her head tilted up at mine, "I would never leave you or anyone for that matter in pain like that. My grandmother raised me to respect women, and I know at first things were shitty between us. Still, I'm not going to disrespect you by leaving you hurt and alone." My words came out soft despite looking her dead in the eyes firmly.

Corners of Willow's lips rounded into a smile. Looking absolutely breathtaking showing two very pronounced dimples. "You know under that mysterious exterior, I knew you had a heart of gold." She gently poked my chest still smiling warmly. Somehow, that time it reached her eyes for a hot second.

In awe, my senses were taken over with such an addictive feeling. Her smile, her voice, her persona, was more intoxicating and enticing than any other illegal substance I'd ever dream of consuming. She had me wanting more with a new high. To grasp each side of her face and let my tongue work every part of that lovely mouth.

The fact that she said that took me completely off gaurd. "I wish that statement was true."

Etched on her pretty face was a frown, "It is true, not many people would've done a lot of things you've done for me."

That time I did let myself smile weakly down at her, "Gee thanks."

At that point we had still been walking, or in Willow's case, limping. Finding ourselves right in front of Nonna's door.

I raised my hand to knock, "Here let me," said Willow.

Her tiny fist raised and knocked on the door slowly. It flew open, letting warm air hit my face from the inside.

A large intake of air was made by Nonna. Her exasperated expression with worry painted on each frown line of her face.

Nonna's hand shot up covering her gaping mouth in shock.