Chapter 34

Willow's POV~

They say, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.'

That is one of the biggest lies a person could ever say. Verbal abuse can hurt you just as much, if not, more than physical abuse.

Lydia had rammed her fist into my sides more than I could count. With a piercing pain ripping through. My once carefree state vanished as soon as the door of our apartment closed.

Her words consisted of hatred and wretched names she'd called me time and time again. To which had me believing them the more she ranted and cursed. I felt worthless, an atrocious burden to society, ugly, like a waste of human life as I layed on the kitchen floor holding my stomach after the wind was knocked out of me repeatedly by her unmerciful foot.

The kicks were vigorous as cries of agony and terror shredded the last of my vocals making it raspy waiting for it all to just stop.

"You," her heel jabbed unto my side, "Fucking," another stab, "Slut."

Out of it all, her foul mouth slithered its way into my mind, making me believe every single word.

Each word was followed by a kick, "Please," I wheezed out, "I can't, breath." Lydia's final strike cut me off.

"Good." Hazel eyes met mine with so much rage. Remorseless to the fear and hurt she caused me.

"I hope that will teach you to never cross me again little girl." She seethed the last part while narrowing her eyes at me.

Fresh tears escaped mine with betrayal at how cruel this woman could be, she disregarded it in impatience, "Now that you've learned your lesson, where is the one thing I asked of you to bring to me?"

I tried reaching for my pocket only to gasp in more hurt, letting my arm drop limply at its side.

"Oh wow," she said unconvinced and bent down to the jacket pocket and snatched it. "Looks like hood rat gave you his jacket," Lydia commented with the roll of her eyes. "How sweet."

"You know, even though he is a lowlife, I would've never guessed you could pull someone like him on your line. Or between your slutty legs."

I whimpered at her hurtful statement. Not only at me, but how badly she spoke of the only person that made me feel not worthless.

My heart stung at how much I missed him. Like a huge gaping hole only grew larger inside of my chest at the thought of him not wanting anything to do with me anymore.

"Although, I would recommend not catching another STD. It's already bad enough you're spreading it like wildfire. Especially to that boy toy of yours." Lydia impassively said it like we were discussing the weather.

"Don't leave this apartment whatsoever while I'm gone. I'll need another fix soon and would hate to have to put you out of your misery some more for punishment." Her harsh words were loud and clear. I flinched after the door slammed and vibrated against the cold laminated kitchen floor my head layed on.

My shoulders went slack, as I closed my eyes falling in and out of consiousness. Memories from that morning flooded in.

How ecstatic it felt having Ace so close to me waking up. Not being alone like I usually was in my cold dark room.