Chapter 39

The day dragged on. Willow talked to me sometime but kept her distance in fear of 'embarrasing' me. Thankfully, I had no further run-ins with blondie. Everyone sent atleast one look my way, which was expected.

Unfortunately, first block was the only block I had with Willow. To add onto it, Antonio and Alyssa were in none of my A-day classes. Finally lunch came which meant I'd either have to deal with Marcus or Geena.

Our class had third lunch, my stomach growled immensely. As I walked, I took note of people pouring in like ants and clogging up the lunch line.

"Great," I muttered sarcastically.

Up ahead I noticed Marcus' hand wave in my direction. "Ace, over here!"

The cafeteria had gotten louder in just a few minutes. No one dared shoving me as I cut through the lunch line. I could basically see the top of everyone's head except for a handful of guys.

It took a lot of pulling through tight areas to get to him, but his smile only grew when he noticed I made it in time.

"I see you're enjoying the third lunch of the day."

I scoffed, "Yup, waiting in line only to recieve a pile of shit on my tray in an over populated school. That's one for the record books."

He managed to laugh just barely. "Was it like this at your old school."

"Yeah, but then again what can you expect in New York. Plus there was a lot more diversity than..."

He finished me off, "A bunch of snobby, rich white kids?"

I agreed with a head nod and he gave a genuine laugh, "You know, it's not everyday I find someone who realizes that. I can't help but wonder what your ethnicity is though."

"Italian, but I'm not an exchange student."

The line moved up, "An Italian New Yorker, quite the combination if you ask me," he shook his head smiling.

"Ever thought about joining the basketball team?"

I looked in his grey eyes to see if he was serious. Me, playing basketball?

"Can't say I've thought about it. My schedule's always full," what I said was half way true. Despite basketball never crossing my mind, I never had a schedule, it'd always be open for Willow or kickin' it with Antonio if the time ever called for it.

Marcus look surprised, "Never? I'm the captain and I can pull a few strings for you if you're any good. I'm sure with time after school you could be this school's Paul Gasol or something like that."

"Not a Jordan?"

Gesturing up and down his body, "You're looking at him my friend."

That time I laughed for the first time that day. "What ever you say."

Ofcourse I didn't want to come within 100 feet of this place but Marcus and Willow made it a lot easier to withstand.

"I heard about this morning."

My smile faulterd visibly, great he's probably blondie's best friend and is going to threaten me never to-

"All power to you man. Blake can be a little persistant on provoking people."

So Blake Carson is the blonde bastard's name.