Chapter 61

I saw it. The familiar blonde hair that blew back and forth with liveliness. It all took me back to a time where our dreams were short-lived and hearts on a different page.

All I had a view of was her hair. We were at the docks again. One of our special places. Her feet swayed back and forth on the edge. She had to have been uncomfortable.

Humming in bliss, it didn't look like she noticed me. No, I just stared in silence. Rendered speechless at how careless one could be. Her head was tilted down to the water.

The sun was setting and she looked stunning in the view. A poetic, saturated picture. It'd be impossible to imitate.

Her hums stopped and both feet stilled immediately. As though she were in shock, quieted by what was seen.

I began growing curious, and ingnoring the gaping hole she caused in my chest, I went up to her and tapped the pale skin of her shoulder. Only my hand went through her. It appeared, I was nonexistent. An apparition persay.

Realizing this, I kneeled down next her. The movements of her chest were slowing and all at once both ice blue eyes started to droop. They grew heavy with every blink until suddenly, she fell. I tried grabbing her yet I couldn't. The vivacious glow of her presence died with it. As though someone killed her from the inside and siezed any beats from her chest.

My heart sky-rocketed into panic upon witnessing this.

"Rachel!" I hollered in a collection of rasps.

Her body deadpanned straight into the water. With a smack against the murky liquid. She sank instantly and slowly my hand coiled back to its side as my state of nostalgia vanished.

As she disappeared into the quicksand of liquid, in the midst of it a reflection made itself known. Though, the clarity of it was vague, I saw two people. A male and female. Both next to eachother, rather close.

Her head leaned against his shoulder and his arm was around hers. It was quite endearing, yet there wasn't anyone around to create the reflection.

I had been the only one on the docks. Both the boy and girl's image moved but the water did not. Looking around for a couple who might have been the cause of this, I was left clueless.

And so there they were, hardly possible to come up with faces. Judging by the long hair, I knew there was a girl and large stature to her right, there was a boy.

Then all at once, a jerking push on my back knocked me clear off my safe haven into the water. There was no sound, like everything had been in slow motion until accordingly, I was floating.

I didn't put up a struggle in the water. Just let myself drift.

A familiar face appeared before me. Two familiar faces. They were both smiling, joyous and content with happiness.

Their faces weren't coherent. Both had dark hair, in the same position as that reflection. Their postures were up-beat since an expression couldn't be salvaged. As the boy gave off a chuckle, the girl lightly laughed. I too smiled...

My eyelids lurched open. The blinds were closed yet did very little in terms of disguising me from the radiant clouds. The sun was not out, though the contrast of the darkness in my room and outside lit up the small space.

Willow's hair was in an array of dark stray strands that cascaded over my blue pillow case. It was quite a sensual site from a more imaginative perspective. It reminded me of the after effect a night of wild love making can do. Her lips curved in a delectable fashion that pulled me to them, though I did not persist. She probably wouldn't appreciate it and morning breath isn't too desireable no matter how attractive a person is.