Chapter 9

A scream erupted, waking me up immediately in alarm. I had gotten up while instantaneously putting on a shirt and running down the hallway to Nonna's room. Then I realized she had an interview that day.

The screaming stopped and a very frightened and frantic looking Willow showed up on the other side of my door in the hallway.

Gazing around, her eyes took their precious time glancing at my broad chest in a thin t-shirt. I had to hold back a smirk, street fighting did pay off. Her hair looked wild and her mouth slightly open. Cheeks a very rosy red and tears forming in her large brown eyes. The bruises looked even worse it seemed like, but my irritation subsided. Either way I still admired her beauty amongst other things.

Although, my mind went over the events of last night and I was puzzled as to why she was crying. Had she not have been saved from the sickest scum of Virginia, she would've still been on the floor of her apartment.

"Please tell me you didn't do what I think you did," tears sprung from her eyes and hand covering her mouth.

My anger spiked, I aproached her very quickly. She backed into the wall with fear in her eyes once more. I made sure my reasoning reached her ears.

"Do you think if I had layed a hand on you, you'd still be in those clothes on my bed while I slept on the couch?" My tone was firm and expression grim. Every word was seethed slowly; disgusted.

Not once did I think to forcibly put my hands on a woman to take advantage of her, and I never was going to start.

She whimpered, "No....now can you please-

I cut her off backing away, "My pleasure."

Walking away to the living room, she followed close behind me. "What am I doing here, last thing I remember was you leaving and....." She trailed off looking down ashamed. My heart lurched, but I remembered my vow and retained any emotion.

"Who was that woman Willow?" The question was random but had been burning me ever since last night.

Looking up, her eyes traveled to the door. Before she even thought about leaving I ran to it and locked it before her hand found the knob. Once again I looked her dead in the eyes waiting for a response.

Turning away, "That's none of your concern, now let me leave please."

Leaning against the door and folding my arms, I had said something while regretting it as soon as it left my mouth. "Oh really? I believe it would've been law enforcement's concern had she not have let go of your neck last night." Her chest moved up in down breathing heavy. I cursed realizing what I had just done.

"How did you.....How did you know that?" She looked up infuriated, humiliated and in shock.

"What were you doing at my house, and what did you see? As a matter of fact what am I even doing here?!"

Each word came out angry as she pulled out her phone to dial a number. I snatched it away quickly and said, "Look you could do one or two things here, call the authorities and I spill everything or option two."

She gave me a bewildered look, "What is option two?"

"I'm still trying to figure that part out."

A sigh escaped her lips, "What do you want from me?"

Willow goes to the couch but not with out patting the back of her sweat pants and sitting down with perfect posture. It was a strange action, seeming as though she did it everytime she sat down.

I too walked to the couch without breaking eye contact going to the opposite side. "Just answers, that's all." Studying her features, it pained me even more with the bruises and cuts showing up clearly on her beauteous face. But I had to reign in my empathy, just wanting answers.