Chapter 47

"This is a bad idea," I paced. Standing in front of Willow's door acting like an addict depriving themselves of a drug.

Tony's arms waved in impatience, "Man would you stop actin' like a wuss and invite her to the cookout with us? She must have you under quite the spell to have you all worked up like this."

I wanted to retort but couldn't find a way to knowing he was absolutely right. My nerves were getting the best of me and I had trouble concealing the fact.

Alyssa distanced herself from the door farther than necessary. At that very moment I knew the only person who could aid me with my attempt to 'woo' Willow was her.

She was staring out into the young night sky, blinking up at nothing when I went over to her—Tony followed.

The air wisped by sharply sending a temporary shiver down my spine that a name brand sweatshirt could not prevent. We approached her, sure she was looking up but her eyes were not focused.

"Mi corozón," Tony was the first to speak before I could.

"I can't," her voice stated aloof like. "I can't see her after all of this time knowing I didn't do a damn thing to stop it." Each word was firm but also guilt stricken.

Tony caught my attention since ofcourse he had no possible clue as to what she was talking about. I patted his shoulder, "Give us a minute man."

He didn't like being kept in the dark but silently abided sending a warning look in my direction promising he would find out soon enough. Easy there. His feet dragged on the sidewalk away from us. Alyssa commented on it, "He'll get over it."

My head snapped to hers, "Alyssa I can't do this," I hadn't meant for my tone to sound hopeless yet it did.

She scoffed, "Oh please, at this point she atleast trusts you. What's it going to hurt to just ask the girl?" Her point was undoubtedly valid.

"You know, you give damn good advice but can't seem to give yourself any of your own," I said in a puzzled manner.

Alyssa smiled to herself like she already knew, "I'm aware, though it's moreso reassurance you were needing." The front of her five inch pump tilted up like she was finding a way to say something.

"I tell you what, you and Tony get a ride to the cookout without me. I'll still be going but I can see where your coming from with all this. Willow and I will be there hopefully, if not it'll just be me." I mentioned rather casually.

Her gaze finally darted to mine and not the sky. Each curly lock fanning her face in a suiting way. "Thanks," she muttered, "But I can garuntee if you're lying about showing up altogether," Alyssa's eyes landed on tony's tall broad stature. "He'll be beyond disappointed."

Tony looked completely unaware of what we were talking about, kicking rocks on the sidewalk with his head tilted at the ground. "Yeah I know. He won't have to worry about that."

Clicking of her heels sounded on the concrete as she strutted in his drection. Most likely to convince him to leave. I was a little surprised she hadn't said a word to me and walked off. They caught each other's attention. How could you not when your girlfriend resembled an unruly haired supermodel?

He went over to her and she struck up a nonchalant conversation. From their distance I did not hear. After a few glances from Tony in my direction and Alyssa's seduction with her leg locking in his, he nodded. They waved and began to glide effortlessly along the pathway to exit Meadow Hills Terrace. In which both of them had a Hollywood couple vibe going on. Once again my envying persisted.

Furthermore, I did what I had to do and built up the courage to knock on Willow's door. Lydia's van was not in the parking lot and had me sighing in full relief. Judging by how early the night was I figured Willow was not asleep. A soft knock emanated from my knuckles onto the dark green door. Sweat was also coming from the insides of my palms due to my nerves. I never really asked someone out, it was moreso of a 'you're in or you're out' sorta thing.