Chapter 32

"Where the fuck is my niece?"

The sight in front of me was a sad one. Lydia in an exposing tank top and jacket sliding off of her shoulders. Jeans with a few stains on them, along with six inch pumps which allowed us to meet eye to eye. Mascara smeared under her infuriated glare making the wench resemble a raccoon. With bed head and reaking alcohol breath.

"She's not here," I stated angling the door in case of suspicion.

"Very funny kid, you're lucky I don't press charges on your ass for kidnapping!" Lydia looked profoundly agitated.

I felt a presence next to me, "I'm right here Miss Lydia," Willow said in a tone filled with disparity.

"You," Her eyes turned to slits, "Are in a world of trouble." She seethed every word. Resembling a snake against a mouse scenario.

Willow's head hung in shame, facing the ground. "I'm," she sighed in defeat because a fight against her legal guardian technically wouldn't be in her favor. "Sorry."

Lydia went to yank her niece's wrist until I wretched it away tightly. I warned her, "Don't."

"Who do you think you are!" The bat yelled, wripping her skinny joint from my hold. "She's under my roof, under my rules, and I can discipline her however I please." Lydia ranted heatedly.

"She may be your niece but she's not an animal." Anger coursed through my veins making the blood in them boil.

"Either way, until she's 18, I'm her caretaker boy," Lydia at that point stepped up making sure to cast her gaze (and horrid breath) my way with a close up of every wrinkle and mole.

I grimaced stepping back, "It's not like you actually take ca-"

"Ace, please." Willow begged in a pained voice almost bringing me to my knees.

Her eyes shadowed with hurt and the worst kind sorrow. I could only imagine how betrayed she felt with an abusive aunt that only cared about drugs.

Willow walked on her own out the door, head down like a peasent would to their master. An urge to pull her back and protect her from every outside force there was, shadowed over.

Chocolate brown eyes met mine within a milisecond, mouthing the words, 'I'm sorry.'

No, I'm sorry.

"Now, you are going to get your little ass up those stairs and clean every inch of that apartment," Lydia hissed.

Then she faced me, hatred clear as day expressed, "The next time this happens I will make sure to press serious charges boy. I better not find you within 500 feet of my niece!"

By that point I couldn't help but retort back ignorantly, "That'd be kind of hard considering you live right above me."

Lydia narrowed her eyes at me, "Don't try me," she drawled out 'try' in hopes of being the least bit intimidating...not.

"One can only hope," I sneered and slammed the door right as she pulled Willow along huffing like the big, bad wolf.

Wood met my forehead as I leaned it against the door moments later, realizing what I had done.

All of it being adrenaline and anger, it never crossed my mind how much a certain someone would suffer due to my actions.

"I'm so sorry Willow," I whispered pitifully. Saying the one thing I wish I could've said sooner.

All of it felt like everything or everyone either left me, was taken away from me, or I managed to fuck it up.

Sadly enough for me in this case, I fucked it up.