Chapter 24

Inside, I was enraged and absolutely out of it. Everything seemed to always get in the way with what I wanted.

On the outside, beads of sweat collected up my spine and palms. Because whether I liked it or not, I would have to fight my way out.

Keep in mind, I'm 6'4. So height did not come as a disadvantage. Just the very fact that Russle's goons had the meanest body type, almost like a 'V' shape.

Both were kind of looking around the room. Black t-shirt guy seemed pretty buzzed, as did the shirtless one yet still in tact.

"Do you think Rus would mind if we started early?" A raspy voice spoke out the blue, which was curly haired, no shirt, and jeans guy.

His cement grey eyes leered at me quickly, then to black shirt person. Despite my predicament, I calmy eased any panic and revealed no distress. People like them fed off of fear and New York taught me what a 'dog eat dog world' was like. I refused to show I was afraid and unconsiously (idiotically) asked their names.

Aloofly, I asked, "Hey, what did you say ya'll go by again?"

Unkept curls turned in my direction with bloodshot eyes smiling lazily, "I'm, me, my name is Rico." He laughed lightly pointing to tough guy, "And that trill bill over there is Lawrence."

Face palming, Lawrence, also known as the smart one of the too glared at Rico, "You dumbass, how much did you fuckin' snort?"

Rico, clearly out of all common sense, kept his lazy smile and plopped right on the couch. "I...I may have had a good trip before we got here."

Slamming where Lawrence was snapped my head to his. He vigorously pounded his fists on Russle's desk in frustration. "You took acid, didn't you? Moron, I should've left you right at Kaden's house."

Agitated, he demanded, "Keep an eye on the little shit, I gotta take a piss."

Slowly, Rico laughed again but complied with, "Alright boss man," with his eyes closed.

"I mean it Rico. We screw up, no more good or bad trips for your stupid ass."

After that, he didn't bother to even look at me and opened the door exposing party noise and slamming it shut. To which Rico looked at me and peered.

"Hey you didn't say what your name was," both of his eyes were out of focus.

"Alentino Vace," I told him shortly while sweating my way through the duct tape but to no avail, failed miserably.

Gingerly laughing, "Wierd name Al."

Keeping a closed mouth, my mind scrambled to find a way to escape.

"It's simple really," she started. "These girls thought it'd be nice to stick me in the closet duct taped."

"How'd you escape?" I inquired.

Her smile turned devious, "Well before I made it my personal business to come after them later, I remembered a trick from this website my ex showed me."

Jealousy spiked a tad, "And?"

A grin lingered on the corner of her thin lips, "Come in the bed room, and maybe you'll find out."

My thick eyebrow raised questioningly, surprised, "Rachel are sure you want round two already?"

Images clouded the back of my eyelids, of her showing me how to get out of it. It left me sour after re-opening each one, but there was no time to get vulnerable. Lawrence would most likely be back any minute.