Chapter 41

Dean and Daniel led me to a set of stairs quietly. My mind was bombarded with unwanted emotions and defiance. I felt like Willow simply gave up on me just because of an addiction. She wouldn't understand, as much as I wanted her to.

Dan retrieved a stretched out paperclip from his pocket. We were currently in front of an old rusted yellow door that led to an old upstairs patio for a senior smoking section in the very back of Robert Lee Highschool. It stayed there for no reason at all.

He struggled until after a minute a 'click' signalled he had succeeded. "Finally," Dean muttered.

"I'd like to see you do better," Dan retorted.

I rolled my eyes at the banter. Yet I felt a twinge of jealousy at it, knowing I'd never get that. The company of a sibling I'd always be bonded for life with. Friends come and go, but always I would pick a sibling.

On the way up prior to getting there, we had to tolerate a stench from the hallway we walked through. An odor came through that hit me unexpectedly. "What the hell is that?"

"The pipes are old and haven't been cleaned in ages," Dean answered with his nose scrunched. I'm sure I mirrored the same.

Eventually all of us had gotten to a square patio. Basically, some tiles placed on the roof of the school with a tent hovering over. "This is it?"

"Pretty much."

"Wow."

Daniel chuckled, sarcastically, "Expected more city boy?"

"I expected less to be honest with you country kid," A playful smirk spreading across my face, his dropped immedately when he heard that.

"Hey Tom and Jerry, are we going to visit the clouds or....."

The evil twin gave me one last glare, "Absolutely."

"Ace, keep look out for right now," Dean said.

I looked from side to side in an exaggerated fashion, "For what? This place is clearly abandoned."

He shook his head, "The janitor every once in a blue moon checks it out up here. And I don't want to take my chances in it being a blue moon."

Daniel pulled out a lighter and lit up a blunt, he puffed quickly inhaling liesurely. "You both can waste time all you want, I'm going to enjoy myself," he said while exhaling.

"Hey save some for me jackass!"

I tried not to laugh at how funny Dean's features immediately changed to worry due to his brother evidently being greedy.

Need ran up through my spine smelling it. Although, my emotions were stronger. The guilt that pulsed in and out of me overcame it because of Willow.

Her mortified eyes bled in my memory more than anything. Never did I ever want to unsee something more than that. It hurt beyond words can describe. 'You're more than this' she said without actually saying it.

"Ace, are you joining us or what," Dean called while handing a blunt to Daniel.

I wanted to. The good Lord knows I desired it so much it pained me. All I could see were her vibrant, light, golden, brown eyes. Would she ever see me the same again?

"I....yes."

"First put this in your eyes; two drops each," Daniel tossed a tiny bottle of eyedropper to me.

When he noticed my questioning eyes, "They're to help your eyes not get irritated or red from the marijuana."

"Gotcha."