Chapter 16

"What is in that head of yours?"

My thoughts on her interrupted as my attention followed Tony's voice.

I didn't need to sugar coat this one. "I met a girl." My mind faded off thinking about Willow. It's off putting on how often I subconsciously thought about her throughout the day.

It felt like a lost cause, just something in my head refused to let it go.

"Well are you going to tell me about her or....."

His tone had been suggestive this whole time, but I didn't want to think about Willow as much as I already did.

Clearing my throat, "The girl's name is Willow."

Alyssa's ears instantaneously perked up, along with her head.

She was off to the side standing but heard the name that slipped past my lips.

Her footsteps got closer, "Willow?...do you know her last name by chance."

My mind went on overdrive, thinking back and memories flood.

Holding out her hand for me to shake speaking in a much softer tone with a small smile, "Hi, I'm Willow Andrews. I heard you just moved in and I just wanted to stop by and greet my new neighbors."

I turned to look at her directly, "Willow....Andrews."

Ombre curls bouced as recognition flew upon the girl's features. She surprisingly sat near me but stayed at a distance.

A sad smile spread across her face, "I used to know Willow."

Alarms went off in my head, this is your chance!

Listening more, I tried to hopefully find out some more. Maybe, just maybe, Alyssa would find it in that stiff heart I'm not such a bad person.

Hands went through those thick curls, beside me Tony got antsy. Alyssa's eyes were filled with grief, "She used to be a really good friend of mine but......"

The suspense started to build, seeing as I so badly wanted to know more. Indeed that had to be the most perfect time for Leo to pull up in a white Prius with the windows down.

The grief stricken girl masked over and ignored me once again, acting like what just happened did not occur.

"Are you guys just going to stand there, get in."

Getting off of the sidewalk, my heart went out to the girl with fawn curls and scattered freckles on her nose. I shouldn't have been so quick to judge, Willow might have thought the same thing when we first met and I was an ass to her.

I should've taken in account, Alyssa probably had a troubled past just like all of us. Particularly in the fact that while talking about Willow a lot of emotions were in her eyes, not all of it was just over her dear friend. Also known as my greatest and deepest distraction.

Slam of a door knocked my attention back to reality. The couple had already gotten in the back seat. Knowing the two wanted their fair share of time together, I opened the door to the passenger side and hopped in.

Leo looked a bit tired but not by much, his expressions were very thoughtful.

Driving off I noticed the sky was a pink color and the stars had faded in the background. A yawn escaped, along with everyone else yawning too. I smiled at how funny that is.

Breaking the ice, "Leo, thanks so much for picking us up man. I promise to pay you back when I get the chance."

He smiled and shook his head, "No need Ace, it kind of caught me off gaurd but now my day's off to a good early start," his words sounded truthful.