Chapter 5

Her eyes had something so distinct about them, my stomach turned to knots. The back of my mind screamed, ACE GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!

"I'm so sorry I-I....," her cheeks began to take on the shade of red as she blushed profusely.

Finally reality hit which made me even more pissed that some random girl showed up at my door step.

"Who are you exactly?"

Startled for some reason, she tried to keep her composure.

Holding out her hand for me to shake speaking in a much softer tone with a small smile, "Hi, I'm Willow Andrews. I heard you just moved in and I just wanted to stop by and greet my new neighbors." Her smile grew showing pearly white teeth.

Staring at this 'Willow' girl for a minute in an attempt to wipe the innocent smile off of her face I just looked at her in the most boring expression.

After two minutes go by, she drops her hand and smile.

"Look, I know I'm not your mom or anything. But I shouldn't be the one to tell you that what your doing is kind of dangerous. And to make myself clear I don't need a 'greeting', and was doing just fine without the knowledge of your existence."

Willow became very offended with my given statement, yet judging by her  body language she seemed kind of embarrassed and dejected. Pain flashed quickly in each eye. I guess that's the first time someone rained on church girl's parade.

Instead of looking eye to eye she looked toward the ground, "I apologize for intruding, I only had good intentions," her mumbling didn't help.

Cutting through the awkward silence and ending any more interaction with little miss modesty, "If you don't mind I'd like to get into my apartment now."

Instantly, I regretted how harsh my words come out after seeing the look on her face.

Seeing sadness in her eyes as she tried keeping her head down and walking off showed just how big of an asshole I was.

Just my luck when Nonna pulled up in her 1999 green Honda and noticed an upset girl coming from the direction of our apartment.

Willow was just about to leave our complex completely until my 'oh so heroic' grandmother saved the day. In other words going up to her and most likely asking her what's wrong.

From afar it didn't come to my attention that Willow looked in my direction and Nonna sending me glares.

Oh great, a girl I don't even know is in her feelings because I gave her some helpful advice. Not to mention I clearly would've went after her if-

"Ace Luca Valentino!" At that point Nonna had her arm around Willow in a comforting fashion.

She ofcourse looked not as unhappy. Seeming to had completely forgotten about what had happened 10 minutes ago between us, thanks to Nonna's use of my full name as if I were five.

As they got closer, it's not hard to figure that Willow would most likely stay for dinner because of my 'rude' behavior.

You barely know a person and one little statement is blown completely out of proportion.

Getting into the apartment, Nonna completely ignored me. What shocked me more was that she locked me out!

"Um Nonna, I think you forgot to let me in," I said while knocking.

"No grandchild of mine will be let into my living space until they know how to act."

And that was when my 'rudeness' backfired.