Chapter 45

Do you ever just wish when it comes to words you find hard to say you'd gladly put someone else in your place to say them for you?

That's exactly how I felt. Moreso a coward than anything. Chickening out on what I really wanted to say to her. I realized the more and more Willow grew closer to me, she became more bold in our conversations.

Which was precisely why when 'start over' left my lips, immediately I wanted to take them back. She had an inner turmoil going on somewhere during our discussion. The confliction of feelings in her beautiful chocolate eyes were incredously evident.

Much to my surprise, she allowed me to share my side of the story and get my message out there. Unfortunately, my lack of knowledge on what to say only created an even bigger problem. Causing my heart and mind to go head to head. Added on with the obvious lust I had for her, seeing the without-a-doubt innocence and passion. Not understanding my predicament but pretending as though she did in sake of my own internal battle.

Every last bit of her was so effortlessly irresistible, I didn't know whether to groan in sexual frustration at myself or her for making it so difficult not to.

Then the fact that seeing Willow more confident in herself and actually attempting to provide comfort without prying was astounding. I couldn't help but thank God for the true gem he somehow scooted in to my life.

But what are pros without a few cons? To start off my reasoning, the fear of history repeating itself only made me slightly more paranoid. Not to mention how fucked up our own personal lives were, let alone her not even knowing anything about the real reason I was here. In conclusion to it all, I was no good for Willow. If she found out what led us to Virginia and the shit I did under the radar, she'd be repulsed at the mere sight of me. Seeing as how much of a wussy I was for tripping over a haneous blonde witch and expecting to not hit the ground. The story behind it all made me look like a pretty screwed up individual for putting Nonna through so much. No choice but to pack our bags and leave the only home we ever really knew.

There wasn't even the slightest bit of chance my parents were even going to stop by anyway. To see how the fuck their very own flesh and blood had been doing for the last seventeen lonely ass years. They didn't care and very few people in my life did...

"Start over?" She inquired, lost as to why that was even necessary. Looking adorable as ever when a small frown formed on her face.

I had only came over there to apologize. Despite that being the case, Willow was right. She saw me about to do something that an explanation was not needed for. The reason being that we didn't know eachother. It didn't necessarily mean our personal lives had to come to light. That type of thing where we could easily talk about Marvel superheroes and not who had the worst childhood. Layer by layer was all it took.

"I will admit, the way we met eachother and the way I saw your predicament wasn't on good terms. Instead of getting to know you first I barged into your life," I said remorseful.

"True, your point being?" She edged on even more.

"I don't want that to be the reason why we know eachother in the first place. Who's the one behind the abused girl Willow? All I really want is to know you in exchange for knowing me."

"Then who's the one who hurt you Ace? All this talk about me but there's not one detail I know behind the cause of you coming to this state in the first place. Does that sound fair to you?" Her eyes flared with a hint of accusation and the pit of my stomach started to churn. She had a very reasonable point to which I couldn't say no to. 'Compromise' basically was what I got out of it.