Chapter 11

Evaluting my situation some more it never occured to me that I didn't know Willow's exact location. Which also meant I had to either ask around or look around. The address I saw only led me to an abandoned warehouse.

The area was already sketchy as hell, to add onto the fact I was in no shape to fight anyone if need be.

Streets were covered in trash and houses in horrible conditions. Like they hadn't been lived in for years. Only it was nothing new to me thanks to New York. Keeping my head down I passed a couple homeless people, some digging in the trash bins. Others I passed eyed me up and down hatefully, and more minding their business.

Then I sensed a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I felt a sting on my cheek and me falling to the ground abruptly with the realization of getting slapped.

"Who the fuck do you think you are coming up in my neighborhood boy?"

My eyes met the ones of a menace. He had a muscle tee on and huge biceps. His body was almost in the shape of a 'V'. Bald with a do rag and flared nostrils, features distinct and frightening with frown lines on his face. In no way was he to be messed with.

Still lying on the ground I tried to reason, "Man I'm not here to stir up trouble. Just coming to get my friend and I'll be out of your site."

In fear, but my voice kept an easy tempo. Looking eachother in the eye, it didn't hit until this hidden rage found itself and I puched him square in his jaw. Hunger consumed me, I wanted to feed my addiction and somehow my body needed to let this guy know. Horrible desicion on my part.

He stumbled back, blood was on his lip getting one finger to slowly slide across his mouth in disbelief. Leaning up and me now standing, I realized we were just about the same height. My muscles weren't huge like his but I was built, not skinny. There was no lacking in muscle.

He closed in while spitting in my face to make his threat known.

Dead in the eyes he sprayed out, "You're going to regret that little boy, I garuntee that friend of yours won't be here to save you."

Sarcastically I said, "Well not sure a tiny little thing could help me out as much as you."

"You pi-"

Then all color drained from my face when I hear her voice faintly behind me. Even Mr. Mike Tyson took a double take.

"Russle? Ace?" The voice gets louder until she's right next to me in between us both.

Her hair looked a little tossed and the bruises we covered, she had on a long sweater and jeans with Vans. The glow from her face was not there and dark circles were under her eyes as I looked.

She looks in the middle of us. "What is the matter with you two?"

Mike Tyson's twin gives her an apologetic look. I had to keep from laughing. A 6'5 muscular thug looking scared under the eyes of a 5'0 Miss America.

I speak first, "Look, Willow I-

She puts a hand up and brings 'Russle' off to the side.

They have a desperate, quiet conversation with Willow using her hands a lot and him looking in wonder and anger at one point. It was no wild guess they had knew eachother and were friends.

After some time, A bag comes from is back pocket and cash leaves hers. With that they hug it out and he's on his way. Jealousy came forth but it was nothing in my eyes. Only it was safe to say my dearest nieghbor saved me from a brutal beating.