Chapter 27

Willow's eyes glazed over with uncertainty—still keeping a light blush.

"Thank you for... protecting me Ace."

I smiled weakly, "It was for a good reason."

All of it came over me as my hand delicately stroked her soft cheek. A part of me loved what I was doing wanting to kiss her senseless at the affect she had; it had to stop. Her eyelids fluttered closed when my thumb lightly grazed over, only until they opened again when I stopped.

Our heads turned in the same direction when a car horn sounded.

"I would say get a room, but there's really not that much in my taxi." Leo called out while pulling up.

My hand snatched itself away from yet another temptation.

Despite Willow looking flustered, she still limped along dismissing my silent question if she needed me to carry her with ease. I opened the door for her, it felt wrong not to. Instead of takng the front seat, I sat right next to my deepest concern—her.

She still seemed embarrased after what took place moments ago. Leo just looked at me in the rearview mirror with a knowing smirk.

"Care to introduce us Ace?"

The driver, no doubt, incredibly amused at how awkward the sexual tension between Willow and I was.

We tried our best to look away from each other.

"I'm Willow it's nice to meet you," she smiled shyly with a meak voice to match.

"Ace, how come you failed to introduce me to your girlfriend?"

Girlfriend. It felt so unusual to hear, but the thought of Willow being mine had pleasure and happiness wash through me.

She on the other hand, swallowed nervously.

Sighing at my God forsaken thoughts, "We're not together Leo."

Mischief met his eyes while looking at me through the mirror still, "I beg to differ from what I saw." The grin evident on his face.

Ignoring his conclusions, "Is my jacket still up there from earlier?"

Raven colors filled the sky as every light post passed our windows in the taxi; shedding light on us for just a hot second.

The cold zipper met my arm as Leo tossed it back at me. "Now it's one thing when I bring you to a strange house. But another when you bring back a new friend."

I supressed a groan at his words pushing personal boundaries.

Willow just observed until whispering, "You two have met before?"

"It's a long story," I whispered back, enjoying how cute and curious she looked.

As my eyes met the window, I shook my head ridding myself of any absurd thoughts once again.

"So Willow when did you meet Ace?"

The annoying questions began. Hell, I deserved it for not listening and he knew that.

Her attention was payed to Leo, "Well...when he just moved here. Whenever someone new comes to the complex, I try to atleast have some conversation with them."

A grin tugged at the corners of my lips. Thinking about how different it was when we first saw each other.

"I see, how did you and Ace find yourselves here?"

Clearly I had a problem with that, "Okay Leo, we both can say our days we're long. I'll catch you up some other time," My eyes met his.

He read me like a book it looked to be.
Which is exactly why the window was my safe haven from Leo's observant irises.

Teeth chattered to my left, but she tried to hide it by closing her mouth and not turning in my direction. I grabbed my jacket to keep her warm. Only it didn't stop my admiring gaze of her under the street lights from the taxi.

Hair, silky and as long as the nile. With pretty long eyelashes and adorable cheeks. Willow was the epitome of innocence wrapped up in a shell of curves, mystery, and beauty.

Next thing I know, her cautious doe eyes found mine in the reflection of the window. She looked surprised until casting them away from my smoldering ones.

Reaching for the jacket, I slowly tried leading it to her shoulders which startled her.

Her head snapped to mine from the window, "Thank you Ace... but really I-"

She said no more while I only ignored her hesitance at my action. Putting the jacket around her shoulders sliding across such soft skin. I smirked seeing the tiny little thing shudder; almost unnoticeable, because of my touch.

It almost was unheard of. Never had I showed such affection and carefulness toward Rachel throughout our time being together. All of it was so significantly different but in a...good way.

She stared at me in confusion.

I longed to cup her face in my large hands and feel the taste of such a sweet mouth once again.

"Here's your stop."

Next thing I know, the infamous apartments came into view. Both me and Willow atleast had one reason to flee the dreadful outcomes out of our arrivals.

"Thank you Leo," sincerity and gratefulness filled my voice. In New York, hospitality like that is a very rare thing. Especially from a taxi driver.

Willow dug through her pockets in panic, "I-I have no money."

Leo butted in before I could ease her conscience, "Don't worry about it sweetheart, your boyfriend's got it taken care of," he teased.

Groaning, "Give me a break Leo." My door closed shut and Willow's side followed.

He sped off waving out of his window.

"I didn't know you already managed to make friends that quick." A small voice piped up in amazement.

Chuckling, "In this uncanny case, the friend came to me."

Deep down in the pit of my stomach was warmth at seeing Willow in my jacket. All of it bubbled up leaving me in a dazed state with possessiveness and pride.

To someone else you'd think we were a perfect couple. Tall guy, short girl, girl in boy's oversized jacket while they both observe eachother.

Every aspect about it seemed perfect. Secretly, passed all of the doubt and fear a forbidden part of myself...... wanted it.