Chapter 58

Willow never showed on the bus, and I hadn't seen her the entire day which weighed heavily on the feeling of guilt. A deep hurt trailed and I gripped the desk until my knuckles turned white to not go after her. She genuinely seemed confused at my demeanor. And maybe I was a little too harsh and unfair, but what she did made it all the more worse for us to ever progress as anything for the time being.

Over break I had moped, drank, smoked, and slept to rid myself of the unfortunate events that had somehow became of my life. Every part of me missed and yearned for her—body, mind, and soul. I loved having her with me, to be certain of her safety and bring the joy back into those sorrowful chestnut eyes. She meant a lot more to me than I wanted her to.

The full body mirror I stood in front of revealed a clean shaven giant. I had to back up considerably to even catch my full appearance in it. Dean suggested I stay at his house until the party caught full swing. He sounded more excited about it than I was. Even went as far as to give me a royal blue button up (to which I rolled the sleeves up) and pitch-black dress pants. Ofcourse he bought the pants given he wasn't quite as tall as me. And that's when I knew I couldn't back out. He was already hyped for it and clearly had no problem with buying me a new outfit specifically for the occasion either.

"Well would you look at that," Dean smirked, patting my shoulder while catching my line of vision through the mirror. "Robert Lee Highschool's most mysterious senior cleans up pretty nice."

I snorted at that, "And what does make me so mysterious all of a sudden?"

Dean's hand left my shoulder and went over to his large walk-in closet with shutter doors. "For one, you rarely talk about anything personal, doesn't bow down to Blake, and you're still hung up on Wi-"

He cut himself off almost instantly, realizing how much I was against talking about her at that moment, "Sorry man." What he said about Blake had me breathing deeply to remain tranquil.

While checking to make sure all of my buttons weren't undone, I turned away from the mirror catching the grimace on my face and replaced it with a feigned smile. "Gotta rip the bandage off somehow I guess."

Dean stared at me for a moment, probably over analyzing why I said that then shook his head paying it no mind. His eyes glanced at the plain battery powered alarm clock on the desk. "Five minutes until the party starts, I'll go out there and get the crowd lit, we get the beer out and have a kickass time. Already bought the cake, you'll be the first to cut it my friend." He had a smug and mischievous grin.

Dean approached me and muttered, "Or," he examined his shoes, pretending to not even think about what he was saying. "We could heat up the ol' dream cakes and forget the frosting," he mentioned nonchalantly.

Dream cakes were basically brownies that contained weed in them. They were delicious and had nearly the same affect as smoking it. My attention caught on to that and I turned my head raising an eyebrow, "For real?"

He had that knowing smirk again and nodded, "I knew you'd prefer that over vanilla frosting. But in sake of sober people, there's gonna be both."

Pounding sounded from downstairs similiar to club music. I was already agitated just hearing it. Maybe this wasn't such a grand idea....

"How many people have already showed up?" My mood plummeted realizing it wouldn't be a small amount.

"Why don't you see for yourself," his head tilted at the large paneled window with light blue curtains.

As I walked over and slid it across the rod, my eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. Around twenty or thirty cars surrounded the entire backyard much to my disappointment. The music grew louder downstairs along with constant thumping below our feet.