fix you

I use the same name that I used for my Train Wreck extra that's in the actual story but these are NOT CONNECTED.

Her parents were in the hospital, both dying at the same time. Her sanity was disappearing minute by minute, because she never thought she would see her parents in the same hospital beds, at the same time. She thought she would have at least one parent for a few more years, but that simply was not true. The only thing in the moment that made her angry and made her clench her hands into fists was that her brother was not here. He had a business meeting to attend to, and couldn't come to the hospital to watch their parents die.

It was a good thing her fiancé was standing by her side.

Her father would never walk her down the aisle, and her mother would never stand with her as she got ready the morning of her wedding. They should've moved the wedding closer, they should've performed it in this hospital. There was a lot of things they should have done but didn't.

She hated that she couldn't be with both of her parents at a time, so she would only be by one's side as they died. Just one would die and she could be there. At first she didn't know how to choose, but her fiancé pressed a kiss to her temple and started to go to her father. So, she walked to her mother.

They both had to wear paper covers over their mouths and gloves on their hands. The disease her parents had traveled by touch and it was what coated her mother in sweat. There was a blanket covering her mother's body, and she put a hand on her mother's arm.

Tears were already pooling her eyes as she sat into the chair next to the bed. Her mother weakly narrowed her eyebrows and weakly smiled. "Don't cry, my Beatrice. We will be okay." Her parents knew this was the last day they would stay on the planet, too. "Don't cry."

"You're going to miss my wedding," she wiped at her face. "You're not going to be at my wedding. If I could, I would bring everything here, just for you and dad."

"I have dreamed of your wedding too many times to count. We will be watching from above, together, your father and I." Her mother coughed viciously, and a dribble of blood coated her chin. Beatrice reached to get a tissue and she wiped the substance away.

"Who will walk me down to Tobias?"

"Anyone can give you away, darling." Her mother's eyelids drooped low. "Or you can walk yourself down. Your father will be by your side, no matter what."

She wanted to hug her mother, wanted to move her arms around her and hold her. But she couldn't, and she knew that deep in her bones.

So they sat there until her mother was falling asleep, her hand on her mother's arm still. They knew that a while after she fell asleep, she would not wake up. She wasn't sure if she was ready.

"I love you, Beatrice." Her mother's voice sounded so tired. "It will be all right. We will always be with you."

She fell asleep on that chair, fell asleep a few moments after her mother did. She should've went to her father, but she was foolish and stupid enough that she fell asleep. Then, she was awoken by a loud sound surrounding the room. It was the sound of two combined heart flatlines, and the sound of her fiancé reaching forward to press the help button by her father's bed. She didn't want to open her eyes, didn't want to walk into reality again.

But then her fiancé was walking closer to her, and he was picking her up into his arms. Her fiancé huddled her to his chest, laid her head in his neck as her legs wrapped around his torso. It was then where she let the loud sobs move through her lips, it was then when the doctors walked into the room, and turned the heart machines off. Her stupid brother would regret for the rest of his life that he was not able to see their parents before they died.

fourtris oneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara