silent night, holy night

They were to get married by the day.

The snow was falling freely and beautifully outside. Winter was beautiful in the small city they lived in and for their honeymoon, they were going to take a cabin up in the mountains.

They both believed it was bad luck if the bride and groom saw each other on the day of the wedding. So, the bride had gone to her best friend's, who was the maid of honor, house, along with three other friends. The groom went to his best friend's, who was the best man, house to spend time the night before along with two other of his friends. In the morning, they all got ready for the wedding at their different houses.

"It's really coming down out there."

Christina stopped applying the makeup to Tris's face as they both looked to Shauna. Shauna dropped the curtain and resumed to curl her hair lightly.

"It will be fine," Marlene said, always the optimistic one. "The drive there will be smooth and we'll be at the chapel in just the amount of time."

Tris was not terrified about the day. Her and her husband had planned everything, even if the snow was coming down much. They ordered a limousine that would be able to drive through snow alongside a strong driver. They would be okay.

+++

Tobias tapped his foot, glancing down subtly to the watch that was hanging on his wrist. The wedding would start soon, and there was no sign of the bride or bridemaids. What if something bad had happened? What if the roads closed?

Zeke walked back into the small room that was used for last minute rearranges. He nearly rolled his eyes at his best friend, who had moved his hand through his hair multiple of times and made his tie loose around his neck.

"Still no sign," Zeke said. "But the wedding is about to start, Tobias. You might as well go now. They will show up."

But, they never did.

Once everyone had seated, Tobias walked to the alter and smiled to the guest surrounding him as he turned to face them. The musicians started playing for the bridemaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle. They played and played and played but when Zeke walked down the isle by himself, it left the audience, and Tobias, confused. Christina, who was the maid of honor, was supposed to walk down the aisle with Zeke first. If Christina wasn't here, where was Tris?

The rest of the groomsmen walked down the aisle, all without bridemaids attached to their arms, and it made the confusion in the room thicken.

The music stopped playing at Tobias's request and Tobias turned to the audience, raising his hands. "I'm sure everyone is shocked and confused at where bridemaids are. If you just give us a few seconds--"

Tobias's phone vibrated in his pocket and right away, he pulled it out. The contact gave away it was Shauna, and Tobias picked it up right away.

"Hello?"

Shauna's voice shook on the other line. "F-Four?"

"Why are you not here?" Tobias interrupted. "The wedding started over thirty minutes ago!"

"I-I told them the snow was coming down fast," Shauna seemed to talk to herself, "why didn't they listen?"

"Shauna, what happened?" Nervousness formed in Tobias's stomach and at the sound of his girlfriend's name, Zeke walked over and listened closely to the conversation.