hero

There were still remnants of paint on the walls of the Pit. The ruined cameras had been replaced due to rules put into place by Johanna, the leader of a new government council, full of people from all over. Even Tobias had a job there, working next to Johanna. All Tris knew, according to Tobias and his recaps of the day he always gave at dinner, was that the new council was filled with people having very different opinions--but having desires to do whatever would be best for the city and its people nonetheless.

Tris wandered through the Pit, remembering the day they all had run around trying to cover where Erudite watched, so they could safely live in their home once again. She stopped, wincing at the pain in her body that came from roughly shoving her hands into her pockets and staring blankly as she remembered the first night after they had come back. Who they had lost.

Marlene.

Lynn.

Uriah.

All gone.

Christina and Peter were the only ones from her initiate class who were still alive. Peter had left just a few months ago, traveling to Milwaukee to get away from a life he didn't remember.

Christina lived in a single apartment a few hallways down from Tris and Tobias's, but she had met a man who was intelligent and boisterous a year or so ago. They were only dating. Tris had met him just a few times, but it was enough to tell that he was very similar to Will, the only thing different being his appearance; dark brown skin with light brown eyes. He was handsome, and Tris was glad her best friend had someone who was making her happy, after losing so many people.

Life in Dauntless was quiet after coming back from the Bureau. Nowadays, the population of the headquarters had at least half the population it had those years ago. It was increasing every day, with the gate open. While there were people all over, in the dining hall, the training room, the Pire, it was quiet in her life, because her friends were dead or gone for most of the day.

Tris couldn't do the police job that she has been waiting to be cleared for. The doctor still wasn't allowing her to do work because of her injuries, even though she had gotten them almost two and a half years ago. But considering her doctor was one of her close friends, and a guy who was intimidated by the twenty year old government official who was her boyfriend, Tris understood why both Matthew and Tobias hadn't wanted her running around everywhere and dealing with a gun again.

She hasn't held a gun ever since she held it up to his head, faking it to distract the guards so she could have gotten into the Weapons Lab.

It was the one thing that made her mind avoid the subject of what job she wanted to start. Everything lead back to him, to Caleb.

Who was dead. Just like everyone else.

It was times like this, when she was alone, when the absence of her friends was more apparent, when she wished the bullet that Caleb had taken shot her dead instead.

soooo this will be a new short story if you guys like it. i was planning to do a little cute proposal au when tris was alive but it turned into this...please let me know if you liked this and would like to see a story when caleb died instead of tris!!