Chapter 19

The girls spent the next couple of weeks working as much as possible.  They wanted to get off to go to the last show the guys had on the current tour; which also happened to be in Las Vegas.  What another fun trip it could be.  Niall and Amanda talked a lot during their time apart.  They were dealing with a lot of social media drama with the Instagram picture he posted.  The trend #Niallsmysterygirl was one of the top trends during those couple of weeks.  They thought it was quite humorous.  He didn't purposely hide her identity but for now it was good.  They figured it would get quite a bit worse; so for now they would enjoy the mystery of who, but everyone knowing Niall was taken.  Amanda did get a few people that recognized her though.  She had a couple of patients come into the ER and recognize her, and there were also a couple who came in with pretend illnesses and ask for the nurse with the purple hair.  Even though the picture was only of the back of her head the purple hair was unmistakable; so those from LA recognized her from the concert where Niall thanked the girls for their care.  It wouldn't be long until everyone figured it out.  The social media was allowing some to slowly figure it out now.

Harry and Julie spoke on the phone quite often, usually twice a day if they could.  Even though they talked twice a day most days they also text throughout the day.  They got to know each other better over the course of those couple of weeks then the previous month.  They had nothing to distract them and they weren't fighting during any of it.  Julie laughed more during those phone calls then she had in quite some time.  Harry was quite funny and witty, and a lot of times would do things just to get a laugh.  Even though they were apart they seemed to be getting closer.

A few days before Vegas Julie walked up to Amanda at work.  "I gotta get one more shift covered before I can go to Vegas.  Apparently since it's an admissions shift no one wants to take it.  Wonder if I promise them an autograph from Harry they would cave?  I'm sure he would be all for it."

Amanda laughed.  "Are you kidding to get you to Vegas Harry would promise them just about anything they wanted."

"Yeah."  Julie laughed.  "But I may not be ok with what they ask.  Besides then I'd have to tell people I'm with Harry, and we know how good secrets are kept around here."

"True.  But there could be worse things than people knowing you're with Harry."  Amanda said.

"You really have no idea how much trouble it could cause.  And seriously he's Harry Styles I will be the most hated girl in the world."  Julie said to her.  "Alright see you after our shift.  I will keep working on finding someone to take that last shift."

After they got home the next morning they Skyped Niall and Harry on the laptop.

"Hey beautiful girls!"  Niall said.  "Hope you had an easy night at the hospital last night."

"Hey babe.  Yeah it was busy and crazy and typical."  Amanda said.

"Well I know you two are the best out there, so I'm sure you handled it all in style."  Harry said.

"Of course.  Us? stress?"  Julie said laughing.

"So tell us good news about Vegas."  Niall said.

"Oh, I got all my shifts covered!  I will be there the morning of and leave a couple of days after.  I'm so excited."  Amanda said.

"Julie, what about you?"  Harry asked.

"Well I'm still working on one shift.  Apparently no one wants to take my admissions shift.  Of course it's the night of the concert."  She looked at the disappointment on Harrys face.  "I'm still working on it.  I got what two days to figure it out yet.  It's a possibility."