Chapter 6

The next morning, Julie took Harry back to the hotel so he could get his things and meet up with Niall to head back to the tour. It was a quiet morning. A little conversation, a lot of silence. They both knew it was coming, and neither were sure what to say or how to deal with it. They walked into Harry's room, and he slowly started packing his bags.

Julie walked around the room and looked at little things here and there.

Harry watched her while he was trying to pack. He couldn't tell what she was thinking. She had that wall right back up. Once again, they had an amazing night, but there was something wrong. He could tell, but he didn't know what. Why did she regret being with him so much? He didn't know what to do. He had to leave in less than an hour. He wanted to get her to open up, but he had a feeling it would take a lot longer than he had. He sighed and finished packing his things.

Julie glanced at Harry every once in a while. She felt somewhat relieved he was leaving. She had to get some distance to gain some clarity. When he was around, there was no clarity. She had no idea a man could make her feel that way so quickly and when they hardly knew each other. It was super frustrating to her. As much as she thought she wanted him to leave, she was also conflicted about it. She wanted him to stay. She enjoyed his humor and his wit, his cleverness and his kindness. How could someone be so confused about something? She was sure this was the end of her and Harry too. It was time for him to move on. She knew it. Part of her was ready to just deal with that fact, and part of her hoped at some point he would come back to her. Why not? She wasn't in any other kind of relationship. So why not take what she could get with him. Lord knows, it was great. The physical chemistry couldn't be any better. Why? Why did he have to come into her life? Why couldn't he have just seen her as Amanda's friend? Didn't matter now though. Would she always feel so lost? God, she hoped not.

"Guess I'm ready to go." Harry said. He looked at her. He wanted some kind of reaction from her, but as usual he got nothing.

She nodded her head. "Guess it's time to find Niall and Panda. I'm sure that's going to be quite the goodbye."

"Yeah." Unlike us he thought. He opened the door, and they walked out.

Niall wrapped his arms around Amanda. "I can't believe it's time to go already. I really want more time."

She closed her eyes. So did she. She was so frustrated, but she wanted more time to get him to want her. "What are we going to do Niall? How does this work?"

He turned her to face him. "We call, text, FaceTime. We continue to get to know each other. And as soon as we can, we see each other again. It's not goodbye, Amanda. It's a see you soon. We will work this out." He hugged her close.

"Ok. I just don't want to say goodbye." She held him tight.

"Not goodbye." He scolded.

"Ok then, I don't want to say see you later." She corrected.

"I know. I know Princess. I do." He kissed her. He really didn't want to leave, but he had too. He was hoping she understood that. He pulled back when he heard the knock at the door. He let Harry and Julie in.

Julie took one look at Amanda and was at her side giving her a hug. She hated seeing her friend sad. She held onto her and rubbed her back.

Harry watched her comfort Amanda. He wished she would show him some sort of emotion like that. He had a feeling it wouldn't happen though. At least not anytime soon. Could he handle the wall much longer? They had moments of brilliance together, but there was always something in the way. He couldn't deal with it now though. "Car's outside for us Niall. We have to go." He said.