Chapter 10

Amanda watched Harry and JJ walk towards them hand in hand.  She was so happy they were together now.  She knew there would be bumps in the road, but she was hoping they would remain together and work through them.  She wrinkled her lips though when JJ dropped his hand when they got closer to people.  She really wished JJ would stop worrying about what everyone else thought.  She was pleasantly surprised when it didn’t seem to faze Harry.  He kept walking, talking to her with a smile on his face.  Maybe he really would be the one who understood her. She watched him take JJ's beach bag and set it on the chairs next to her and Niall.

“About time you guys got here.”  Niall said.  “What took you so long?”

Amanda smacked his shoulder.  “Don’t ask that question.”

“OMG, you two.”  Julie admonished.  “Get your minds out of the gutter.”

Amanda laughed.  “Well, it’s a safe assumption; isn’t it?”

“It is not; now shut up.”  Julie said.  She looked at Amanda and knew immediately.  “But apparently, you’re thinking that way for a reason.”  She watched Amanda blush, and Niall put his head in his hands.  She smiled and starting unpacking her bag.

“Ok, you shut up now!  Go back to being close mouthed.”  Amanda said embarrassed.  “Maybe I don’t like open-mouthed JJ as much as I thought I would.”

“I like open-mouthed Julie.”  Harry said.

Julie turned to him quickly and gave him a shocked look like "you did not just say that".

Niall and Amanda busted up laughing.  “I'm sure you do friend,”  Niall said.

“Wait!  That’s not….I wasn’t….I didn’t mean….”  Harry stammered.  “Oh, what the hell. Yeah, I'm sure that way, too.”

“We had no doubts Harry,”  Amanda said.

“Alright sickos, enough talking about my mouth and what I do with it.”  Julie shook her head.  “Disgusting jerks.”

“You started it.”  Amanda said.

“No, actually Niall did.  Not my fault you two are so obvious,”  Julie countered.

“Hey!”  Niall exclaimed.  “This conversation got out of control quickly!”

Julie just laughed and took out her sunscreen.  She looked at Amanda and raised her eyebrows a couple times like "way to go".

“JJ, I swear.”  Amanda laughed though.

“Ok, you’ve properly embarrassed them.”  Harry said to Julie.  “Let me help you with that sunscreen. Before they try and hurt you.”

“I'm not scared.”  Julie said laughing.  She handed Harry the sunscreen but looked around first to make sure they weren’t being photographed.

Amanda looked at Niall.  “I'm so sorry about her.”

He laughed.  “Oh Princess, I know you can’t control her.  Besides, I'm not ashamed.”

She kissed him.  “I don’t care who knows either.”

The rest of the day was spent having fun in the sun, sand, and water.  All the guys' girlfriends were there to spend some time with them.  It made for an entertaining day.  JJ had had enough sun and water, so she went back pulled her chair in the shade and took out her notebook and headphones.  It relaxed her, and she needed it.  It had been a rough month for her.  After a while of being lost in her notebook, she felt it pulled from her hands.  She looked up and saw Zayn.