Chapter 23

The next couple of days were pretty mellow and boring. There was a lot of sleeping, and a lot of take out and tv. Julie seemed to be healing well with only a few side effects of the concussion. Her bruising was definitely in the worse before it gets better stage, but the pain was subsiding. Things seemed pretty normal. It was strange. Two of the most famous men in the world staying in a small apartment with two extremely average nurses. And it all seemed normal.

Amanda stood back in her doorway and watched JJ and Harry. JJ was sitting on one end of the couch writing in her notebook, and Harry was sitting at the other end eating popcorn and watching tv. Every time Harry went in to try and peek at the notebook, JJ would just take her hand and push his head gently back towards his side of the couch. She watched Harry start to throw popcorn at JJ and laughed. JJ just ignored him. Every time a piece landed either on her notebook or close, JJ would just pick it up and eat it. She never acknowledged him or said anything. It was completely adorable. After a while JJ put her notebook up, picked up the popcorn from the floor and threw it away. She climbed up by Harry lifted his arm and put it around her as she cuddled up to him. Amanda smiled. This is how it should be for them. She had never seen JJ, nor Harry for that matter so calm and relaxed. She knew it wouldn't last forever, JJ or Harry or both would get bored, but for now it was great to see. She looked back when Niall wrapped his arms around her from behind. "Hi babe. Did you enjoy your shower?"

"I enjoy them better when they include you." Niall said kissing her neck. "What are you doing stalking in your doorway?"

"I'm not stalking." She looked at him. "Ok maybe I am. I'm watching JJ and Harry. It's nice to see."

"It is. But it's kind of boring when we don't have to deal with their drama." Niall laughed when she gave him a look.

"Well the drama we just dealt with I hope we never have to see again." She kissed his chin and then took a deep breath.

"But you're worried. Why?" He asked.

"I'm trying not to be Niall. Really I am. It's just she hasn't dealt with it. She seems content and I'm grateful for that, but she hasn't talked about it, or had a meltdown, or cried about it. And I'm sorry but all those things should have happened." Amanda said.

"Why? Why can't it just be this way? Why can't she have just realized that she has people here for her, and people who want nothing other than to protect her. Why can't it be that simple." Niall asked.

"Being a boy must be so easy." Amanda said shaking her head at him. "You know how much I've talked about it. How much it affected me, and none of it happened to me. Imagine her head Niall. Imagine everything going on in hers. If it's because you and Harry are here, then what's going to happen when you're gone?"

"I wish you wouldn't want to find trouble Princess." He said to her.

"It seems to find her, and I'm not going anywhere so I'm going to be there to help get her out of it." Amanda said.

"You're such an amazing friend." Niall said kissing her. "Let's go bug them though. We've all kind of spent the past two days to ourselves, and trust me I couldn't have asked for a better two days in your bed; but I know you want to see how she is, and I know I wouldn't mind knowing she was ok."

"Yeah I'm starting to think, though, that you're trying to steal my best friend." She raised her eyebrows at him.

Niall laughed. "No just want you to share."

"Hmmmm, not sure I wanna share my best friend especially with my boyfriend." Amanda laughed at him. She kissed him and then started towards JJ and Harry. She jumped on them. "Hey! I've missed you guys."