Chapter 46

Harry started a fire in the bedroom and turned around to see Julie sitting on the edge of the bed taking her shoes off. He seemed to be in the habit of just watching her lately. He always wanted to see if there was any change he could notice. It felt rather silly, since he seemed to do it so often this trip; how could she change in seconds? She seemed softer. Ok, so that sounded bad in his head, but the edge wasn't so sharp. The longer they were here, the more he realized just how on edge she had been previously. She felt more open. More approachable. The almost constant wrinkle between her eyebrows was gone. She was definitely different. He smiled when she picked up her head and smiled at him. When she stood up, he took two long strides and grabbed her into his arms. "Hey beautiful. Have I told you that this is going to be our year?"

Julie smiled at him. "You may have mentioned it before." She stood on her toes and wrapped her arms around his neck. She kissed his lips and then went to let go.

"Whoa, oh no, where do you think you're going?" He said holding her in place.

"Um, to change?" She gave him a look.

"Um, no. There's no need for that right now." He ran his hands down over her shoulders. "I told you what was going to happen. You should not be surprised right now. Did you get the zipper fixed, or am I going to have to work for it again tonight?" He asked huskily.

"Harry." She shivered at his hands on her bare shoulders. "I...I didn't get it fixed but it seems to work ok." She laughed. "God damn, the things you can do to me with just a touch."

He leaned down and kissed her shoulder lightly. Running his hands lightly and teasingly down her arms. "Yeah, cuz I swear you don't even have to touch me and you do it to me." He leaned down and kissed the side of her neck and then gently ran his tongue down her neck. "I wasn't lying earlier, baby; this dress isn't lasting on your body much longer."

"Oh, my god, Harry." She kind of giggled. He never really talked to her this much. Well, probably because she was always telling him to shut up. It embarrassed her. "Why are you talking so much?"

"I want you to know." He kissed the front of her neck making her head go back exposing her neck to him. "That I think you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, that I want you more than anything, every minute." He put one hand on one side of her neck and kissed and nuzzled the other side.

"Oh geez," she mumbled. "You're driving me crazy."

"That's the whole point." He ran his hand behind her and grabbed the zipper. He smiled against her neck when it came down with ease. "Ah, lucky for me." He slowly slid the zipper down and stepped back a small step. He slid the straps down her shoulders and her arms. He watched as it dropped away from her. He was enjoying seeing her skin steadily become more exposed. Every inch of it. She may have been self-conscious, and he knew why, but he loved every curve, every soft inch of skin. "God, how did I get so lucky?"

"You're way too nice to me." She shivered. "Except when you're teasing me. Good god, stop it." She said with her eyes closed biting her bottom lip. She had goosebumps from his touch.

He smiled as she shivered and watched her face as she closed her eyes and bit her lip. God, he was having a hard time keeping this up. He just wanted to rip the damn dress off. When the dress finally hit the ground, he grabbed her hands quickly as he knew her first instinct would be to cover up. "No, no, no," he said. "You're beautiful. Don't you cover up. There is nothing wrong with any part of you." He leaned down and kissed her scar on her shoulder. "And everything you think is ugly just shows your journey and how strong you were." He lifted her chin. "Open your eyes, baby." He said softly.