Chapter 49

Julie woke up early the next morning. She could see the sun barely poking through the curtains. She looked over at Harry who was still sound asleep next to her. She moved a piece of hair from his face. Tears filled her eyes immediately. How was she going to do all this on her own? Well, she had Amanda, but she wouldn't have Harry. The week she spent in LA without him, when he wasn't speaking to her, had been so difficult. No one knew just how difficult. She had felt lost. She had felt the person who finally made her feel like she was worth a future was gone. She hadn't known how to deal with that. Now, she felt like she was starting to hold on to something else too tightly, but she didn't want him to go. She had to get a grip. She ran her fingers softly over his cheek. She didn't take her eyes off his face. She took her other hand and wiped the tear that spilled onto her cheek. She knew he had to go. She knew it all, but her heart was breaking. She didn't want him to go. She wanted him to cast that safety net she felt when she was with him. She wanted to stay in it. She didn't want to deal with all of it without him. She knew she was being unreasonable, and she was being that emotional girl she had tried so hard not to be. But he made her feel so much. She sighed and leaned down and kissed his cheek softly. She whispered, "I love you, more than I can ever show." She wasn't going to be able to sleep anymore. Not with the thought of him leaving at the forefront of her mind. She got up and packed her bags; she picked up Harry's hoodie, held it up and took in its scent. She took it with her and went to take a shower, hopefully he wouldn't mind.

Harry rolled onto his back when he heard the bathroom door close and the shower turn on. He had been awake the whole time. He had felt her move his hair and stroke his cheek. He'd heard her when she said she loved him more than she could show. He could feel her staring at him. This had been a great but emotional week. He wasn't sure how this goodbye was going to go. He didn't know which way he would rather it be. Would it be best if she pushed the feelings aside harder like she did yesterday afternoon, or would it be best if she showed the emotion like she showed in the morning yesterday? He wasn't sure. Part of him wished they would have decided on taking a longer break between the last tour and this new tour. But how could he have known it would go like this? She pushed him away so much at the beginning, and then she slowly started to let him in. She'd let him see parts of her that no one else had ever gotten to see. She pulled back quickly most of the time, but she let him see more than anyone else. When she ran after Thanksgiving, he had never felt so much pain in his heart. It was like she had taken part of it with her. Wow, it was crazy. He felt like he needed to protect her. Now, more than ever. Who would have thought she would completely break down at the thought of him just leaving for tour? And the tour wasn't even for another month. He would figure it out as soon as he got back to London. When he could see her again. He was afraid if they couldn't figure it out, she would start to go back behind her wall, that she would shield her heart again. He couldn't let that happen. He looked over at the bathroom door when he heard it open. He smiled as she came out in his hoodie. She looked adorable in the oversized grey hoodie. "Nice hoodie." He said to her as he leaned up on his elbow.

"Thanks. Smells like safety." She said putting her things in her bag. She hoped he understood. She slowly walked over to the bed when he sat up on the edge of it. She walked between his legs and pulled her hands into the cuffs of the hoodie, and placed them on the sides of his neck. "Hi."

"Hi." He said wrapping his arms around her waist and burying his head in her chest. "Good morning." He stayed that way a moment and then pulled back and looked at her. "That hoodie looks better on you. You should keep it."

"Yeah? How about I just keep it safe for you, for when you come back?" She said looking into his eyes.

"I'm coming back for something much better than a hoodie, baby." He wiped the tear that slid onto her cheek. "Still having a hard time?"