Chapter 3B

Julie and Amanda were sitting back at the hotel after the show waiting for the guys to show up. They were in a big ball room with a bunch of other people including Lou, Lottie, and Gemma. When Julie got Amanda alone she finally asked. "Panda what were you talking about back at the arena? We will wait and see about what?"

"I don't know why you think you're just along for the ride. You can't be completely blind about this." Amanda said.

"Are you talking in code? You lost me quickly." Julie looked at her completely confused.

"Harry, JJ. Come on. You have that boy interested. Even you have to know that." Amanda admonished.

"Please Amanda. He likes to tease me about a conversation he should have never even heard about; that's it. Why in god's name would Harry Styles care either way about me?" Julie asked. Could it be true though? Was what was happening more than just the teasing and performing? No way. Not to her and not Harry Styles.

"You just have no clue, and it drives me insane. Stop thinking that way about yourself. Stop putting yourself down." Amanda said frustrated.

"I'm not, really. I'm perfectly fine the way I am. I'm also very realistic. I'm not Taylor Swift or Kendall Jenner material or anywhere near any supermodel material. That's not a put down; that's just the truth. And I'm ok with that. He could have any girl in the world. And I'm barely exaggerating about that. You already have Niall. Do you know how statistically unrealistic it would be for both of us to get a member of One Direction?" Julie countered.

"Sometimes you're so much fun JJ and act like such a normal girl, I forget how much of a stubborn frustrating brat you are! Just give him a chance." Amanda said.

"Don't you mean a chonce?" Julie laughed.

"I hate you." Amanda said, but couldn't help but laugh.

Gemma walked up to Julie as she was looking at some of Zayn's artwork he had scattered around. "He's pretty talented huh?"

"In many ways apparently." Julie said. "How are you Gemma?"

"I'm good. I'm sorry if Lottie and I embarrassed you yesterday. We just thought you were hilarious, and the guys have such a great sense of humor, so we thought they would enjoy it. We didn't mean to cause any trouble. My brother's a pretty good guy, ya know." Gemma said kindly.

"Honestly I shouldn't have said it. Especially in front of you." Julie said purposely not commenting on the last part of Gemma's statement.

"Oh, please. I thought it was funnier than anyone. Just maybe give Harry a chance he seems to think it's our fault you won't." Gemma said to her.

Great they were talking about her. Wait, he told her I won't give him a chance? We've never even... she couldn't even continue the thought. She was wracking her brain to figure out when he tried to get a chance. She'd only met him the day before. "Why does everyone keep saying that?" Julie said recalling the conversation she just had with Amanda.

"Because we are smart people JJ. Learn to live with it." Gemma scolded playfully as she walked away.

This is becoming way too much, Julie thought, as the guys came into the room. She put down the drawing she was holding when she heard Zayn behind her. "Like it?" He asked.
She turned and smiled at him. "Very much. Not good enough for you to just be an amazing singer, huh? Have to be an amazing artist also?"

He smiled shyly. "It's just something to keep me grounded and sane on this crazy ride."

"I think it's incredible, Zayn. I'd hang any of it in my apartment." Julie complimented him.