Chapter 77

A few weeks later, One Direction was slated to be at the Billboard Music Awards in Vegas.  It took some convincing, but Harry, Niall, and Amanda had convinced Julie to come along.  Vegas didn't have great memories for any of them, especially Julie, but it was time to move past what had occurred there.  Julie had told them it was only one city in the US, so she could continue to avoid it.  However, the others felt that it would be best for her to go and face it and realize that it didn't have to only be that one horrible time.

They had just gotten into the cars after they landed in Vegas.  It was mid-May, and it was just a couple more weeks before they would be leaving for the rest of the tour.  Harry looked over at Julie.  She was quiet, but he wasn't surprised.  He couldn't imagine that this wasn't her favorite memory.  "Hey, are you doing ok?"  He asked her as they settled back for the ride.

She shrugged and laced her fingers in his as he took her hand.  "I'm, ok.  Can't say it's my favorite place.  Not sure this was the best idea.  But I do want to be with you as much as I can the next couple of weeks."  She leaned her head on his shoulder.

He kissed her head.  "Yeah, time sure is going very quickly, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is.  Something always seems to happen while we're together.  Always seems to make it so that we don't have the time we want or need."  She said cuddling up to him the best she could.

"Yeah, well the three days you were in a coma went slower than any other time I have ever experienced."  He said wrapping his arm around her.  After she got home from the hospital, they had done really well together.  They spent every moment together they could.  Julie was still out on disability from work.  So, he would come home to her from the studio every day.  Or actually every late night, or early morning.  He never thought he was looking for something like that, but he had to admit it was nice.  They went out a few times, but at odd hours and to less crowded places.  She still wasn't ready to accept the fans and paps.  She still worried about the possibility Johnny would not only find her but talk to the press about her.  Harry had to admit he was surprised that he hadn't yet.  Only reason he figured was Johnny didn't want people digging into his past too deeply.

"Yeah, sorry about that.  Next time I will plan my coma at a more convenient time for you."  Julie said looking out the window.

"Why, baby?  Why you gotta be like that?"  He shook his head at her.

"'Cause, it's just me."  She looked out the window as they got closer to the hotel.  "Jesus, Harry, look at all these people."  She sat up and looked out the window more.  "There's a garage underneath, right?"

"I think it's time we stop avoiding the whole thing."  He said to her.

"Well, you think wrong.  And you're insane.  And that's not going to happen."  She looked at him with wide eyes.

He laughed.  "Julie, you have to accept it.  I don't want to hide you forever.  Eventually, we're going to have to go out in public."

"No, we don't.  Why?  You've always been private.  We can be private."  She said exasperated.  She was not ready for him to throw this at her right now.

"Yes, we don't have to put everything out there, but I don't want to have to figure out how to hide you every time we go somewhere.  I love you.  There's no reason why we can't start to show that."  He said taking her hand and making her look at him.  "You and I are different."

"I swear if you start singing, I'm going to slap you."  She looked up at him.  "Harry, that means everything I know is over.  I become the most hated woman in the world.  And I'm hardly exaggerating about that.  Your fans can be extreme."