Chapter 57

*Disclaimer...another emotion filled chapter. And this one is definitely for a mature audience. Please leave your comments as you wish!

Julie and Amanda were waiting backstage in one the dressing rooms. They had all fallen asleep earlier, and both couples were woken up to banging on the doors. There had really been no time to speak since their meetings that morning. Julie was still exhausted. She didn't even know what day it was. She slept some with Harry, but he was still so tense that she had a hard time completely relaxing. When he got up, he had been nonstop. Shower, leave, interviews, and now almost show time. Niall had made sure the girls got international calling on their plans as soon as he could. There was no way he was going through that trauma again. Julie sighed and leaned her head back against the couch. She opened her eyes and took the coffee when Amanda handed it to her.

"Thank god. I'm SO tired. Thank god for good coffee." Amanda said sitting next to JJ again. "You're not ok, are you?" She asked turning towards her.

"I'm ok. But Harry's reaction was a lot stronger than I ever anticipated. He's extremely angry. And he's mostly angry at me because I spoke to Zayn. I'm not quite sure why. I think he's having a bunch of misplaced anger. I don't get why he's so angry about that." She took a sip of her coffee.

"You don't get why? He's angry at Zayn. He's hurt by Zayn, and he's JEALOUS, JJ. You have to see that." Amanda said.

"Jealous? Of what? Why would he be jealous?" Julie asked looking over at Amanda.

"Remember Kendall, JJ? Remember how you felt when he was seen with her in Paris?" Amanda asked her.

"Of course, I do. Thanks for reminding me. But that is NOT the same as this. I never had ANYTHING going on with Zayn. I spoke to him a few times. I never had a relationship with him." Julie said shaking her head.

"JJ. Ok, remember Florida, and the meet and greet photos. Jealously isn't rational, but he's jealous. Trust me." Amanda said confidently.

"You're insane." Julie said. She watched Harry and Niall walk in. Harry wouldn't even look at her. This wasn't over. She took a deep breath. She watched Amanda and Niall hug and kiss before Niall got ready to go on stage. She stood up, but Harry just turned and walked out the door. She just shook her head and sat back on the couch. She stayed there for the entire show. No matter how many times Amanda tried to persuade her into watching. She just wasn't in the mood. After the show, they were leaving immediately to go to South Africa. She was wondering if Harry, at this point, would even let her on the plane.

Amanda watched Harry and JJ after the show as they were walking to the cars to go to the airport. She didn't like his behavior one bit. Harry had barely spoke to Julie, and when he did, it was short. Things like, 'let's go', 'get in', 'hurry up'. Amanda wanted to say something so bad. Even when they were sitting in the car. Harry either was looking at his phone or out the window. JJ wouldn't say a word. But every time Amanda tried to speak up, Niall would pull on her hand and just shake his head at her. He said quietly to her, 'it's not the time'. But it was the time. Someone needed to say something. Harry was being an ass. Like more so than she'd imagined. She didn't like seeing JJ just sit back and take it either. She imagined that's exactly how it was in Julie's past. She wished Harry would realize it too. She knew Harry was nothing like Johnny, but this was just so hard to watch and remain quiet. It was not in her nature to remain silent. When they got to the airport, Harry just got out of the car and didn't even wait for Julie. Oh, she was in complete Mama Bear mode right now but was advised not to say anything.

The plane had reached its cruising altitude, and Julie got up. She went and got a bottle of water for herself and one for Harry. When she went to hand it to him, he wouldn't even take it. She fought back her tears and went and sat by herself further back in the plane. She stared out the window at nothing but darkness. She needed to deal with him, and she would. But she had to do it when they were alone. She absolutely got the misplaced anger. She had gone through it for years. Angry at herself and everyone else, but not enough at the person who caused the pain in the first place. She had put some of that displaced anger on Harry, especially in the beginning of their relationship. She could take it for him. Be the one who understood what he was going through. Yet she needed to stand up to him also. Let him know he couldn't take advantage of her either.